$100 Speakers

I'm sure this post has no place on this forum, but ... oh well. I just replaced my aging $1000 PSB Stratus Bronzes with a pair of Pioneers. No, not the TAD Reference Ones. The SP-BS41-LRs.

Our cats ate the Stratus Bronzes (another post), and while I had my eyes on the PSB Imagine Minis, I supposed to be remodeling our kitchen and saving for college, so ... I cheaped out. I bought them on the strength of the Sterophile review.

And you know what? They ain't too shabby. I think the Bronzes had a cleaner midrange and maybe a bit crispier high end, but for a hundred bucks, I am happy.

I still have my Outlaw LFM-2 to help with the bottom.
jonheal

Showing 2 responses by mofimadness

I've posted several times on this forum about the same Pioneer speakers. They're very good for the money. Give them about 100 hours of break-in and they are even better. I love mine!
The Pioneers were designed by Andrew Jones, not Phil Jones. As you mentioned, you heard them in a Best Buy. In a real world room, they perform WAY beyond their price and once they are broken-in, they are even better. I agree completely with the reviews of these. EXCELLENT.