10-15k budget in a 6m x 4m room. Please help.

Totally new to home audio world, nice to be joining soon :). I have some limited experience in the headphone audio world, and would like to create a home system. I have around 10-15k budget at the moment to start from scratch a home system. In my country, its hard to properly audition equipments, so require some advice. Also audio choices are limited..so please if possible just stick to the choices ive found available :)

My dedicated audio room will be 6 meters x 4 meters with no treatments whatsoever. The floor will be wood.

My audio preference are quite versatile, but i like to hear instrumental jazz (ecm), alternative rock (radiohead, coldplay), rock, new age music and alot of instrumental music..and basically trying to find a system to suit all needs. Due to connecting the system to my mac as well, i was hoping for the system to be able to hear some 320kbps mp3s without sounding like crap. So help me start and please give any advice or warnings in regards to my choices. and anything i should be worried before starting this new hobby.

The choices so far

speakers
-Sonus faber cremona m - $8000 brand new
-sonus faber cremona auditor m - $5000
-Rockport mira demo unit - $8500
-monitor audio gx300 -$5000
-proac d28 -$5000
-proac d18 -$2800
-proac studio 140 mk2 -$2500
-dynaudio c1 -$8000
-dynaudio focus 260 -$5000
-other dynaudios
-other sonus faber
-other bower wilkins

Amps

-Krell s-300i integrated - $3100
-krell s-550i integrated - $ approx $6000
-Moon audio w5 power amp + KRELL KAV-280P used - $4500
-roksan caspian m2 - $2500
-other krells to fit budget
-other moon audio amps within budget
-other audiolabs, marantz, rotel, cyrus within budget. (please state model name )
-any others to reccomend most probably not available in my country :) Im totally new to this

DAC
-audiolab 8200cd -$1000
-used MCINTOSH MCD 7009- $1600
-MUSICAL FIDELITY M3CD -$1300
-MOON CD 1 - $1300
-naim dac-v1 - $2000
-others (please specify and within budget)

Sorry if my choices are weird, but these are the few ive found in my country. Please help me with my new quest in the home audio world :)

-
nieveulv

Showing 1 response by zd542

I think you can get much better answers if you can list what type of equipment that you've heard in the past and what type of sound you are looking to get. If you are really new and have very little experience listening to gear, I would recommend that you don't spend your whole budget on a system. You can get something that sounds great for well under 5k. The reason I suggest going this route is that, once you get some gear and start listening, you're bound to find things you like and things you dislike. For example, you may find that you don't like metal tweeters. Its better to find out on a $2000 pair of speakers than a pair that goes for $8000. Theres many other factors to consider, as well. Thats just 1 example.