Larry Carlton & Steve Lukather - Live In Osaka

Category: Music

This CD was the 2002 Grammy Winner for Best Pop Instrumental Album. It is on the Favored Nation Label and is their catalog number FN2060-2. Five selections and runs for 53 minutes.

Larry and Steve are backed up by Gregg Bissonette on Drums,Chris Kent on Bass and Rick Jackson on Keyboards. Recorded live at The Blue Note in Osaka,Japan in November 1998 and released to CD in 2001.

This was recorded with Larry on the left side and Steve on the right side with sidemen in the middle. Stereo separation is very wide indeed.

The music on this album is high impact Jazz. According to JAZZ USA "Hot Enough To Peel Paint" and I could not agree more. Larry and Steve just go at it in one selection after another, this is a true joy to listen to and should be on everyones jazz short list. Seldom do I say this is a must have for the library, but this one is, don't miss it. And when I say must have it is a permanent part of my library.

Selections are:

The Pump - wriiten by Tony Hymas & Simon Phillips

Dont't Give Up - written by Larry Carlton

It was Only Yesterday - written by Larry Carlton

All Blues - written by Miles Davis

Room 335 - written by Larry Carlton

This is one of the best live recordings I have heard in a long time with the audience really getting into it. Must have been a special night.

Some of Larry Carltons best work and not to be missed.
ferrari
Thanks, Ferrari... I'm always looking for good new music, especially considering all of unfortunate music being released these days.
i agree with you. i picked this up off of ebay a month ago for and it is fantastic.
JazzTimes (5/01, pp.138-40) - "...A dream for fans of progressive electric instrumental music...sporting 5 extended tracks and excellent production values....If you take your guitar playing scorching and screaming, look no further..."