128x128

viggen900

Responses from viggen900

Best 6x9 Speakers
Really depends on budget and your goaldsi would put Hybrid Audio & AudioFrog at the top of my listimage Dynamics and Steven’s Audio also make great stuffnumerous other great brands to choose frompersonal favorite is actually from Infinity, bac... 
CD/Vinyle Estate sale question
Thanks both of you for the respinse!  I will pass what both of you said to the familyi do not know if the family is going to keep the actual audio gear, the main speakers were some electrostatic speaker.... I didn’t have time to look at the brands... 
Why does bi-amping speakers sound better?
Well...  being a old house I needed some plumbing work done,  toilet swap, faucets, garbage disposal and shower controls.... I was worried a little job would become big if I did it myself.  Long story short it did still become a major job, found s... 
i went up into the attic to look at the power panel, I was curious how easy it will be to bring a 20a or two service into my front room and also my bedroom.  It looks like I have several opening to run more power, I counted eight available slots s... 
Good point on redoing the wiring first.  However if I don't buy a amp I can't listen to my stereo. Its a old building as as I stated, 1865 is when it was built.  It's actually a apartment above one of my funeral homes, taking advantage of free/no ... 
Good Receivers for Infinity Kappa 7.1 speakers
I have their little brothers, the kappa 5.1's and also their big brother the kappa 8.1'sThese speakers aren't the easiest to drive and also aren't the most efficient thus I would highly suggest whatever receiver you get, buy one with pre amp outpu... 
Thanks for the input/options everyone... it has helped however I still can't decide :)i am actually leaning towrds trying a class d amp from d sonic.  Debating mono block, stereo or multi channel.  I did visit a local audio shop yesterday, they me... 
Adcom GFA-5802 Stereo Power Amplifier to drive Andra speakers!Is it a good choice
Never used that Adcom, however presently have a gfa5500also a longtime Adcom fan, started when I became hooked on their car audio amps in the early 90's, they were the best car amp I ever heard for a long time.A few years ago I compared my Adcom t... 
High power vs bi amp low power?
I called and talked with D-sonic yesterday.... I think I will give them a try, just trying to figure out how much power I need or don't need. He suggested 600w or more.... leaning towards either 800w or 1500w..... not that I would need/use it, but... 
High power vs bi amp low power?
So it looks like a coin toss on which way is betterBudget wise I am not sure.... I want to do a 5.somethng surround minus the sub due to $$$$, they will be added at a later date. I have a old Adcom GFA5500 that's been demoted to my garage that I c... 
Adcom GFA 5500 v B&K ST 1400 II v Rotel 990
Not sure how the adcom compares to the amps you mentioned, never owned them. I did compare my gfa-5500 to parasound hca-1500 and I prefer the parasound amps. Much much better low end, tighter, more precise, deeper etc. The top end was also nicely ... 
D-Sonic vs Wyred vs ....
thanks for the heads up on your stuff.... I am just worried that wouldn't be enough power for my speakers. I hope to snag some better sounding speakers some day, kappa 9.1, ren 90's or one of their larger speaker systems and am worried 500w at 4 o... 
D-Sonic vs Wyred vs ....
Thanks for the opinions and links!In regards to Wyred.... I did see they offer I think some of the same stuff in the mAmp on their latest gen stereo and mono amps.I did read on d-Sonia's site where they state they dropped the ice amps in favor of ... 
Sadly missed manufacturers
Denon - in car audio land... Their stuff was awesome!Eclipse - again in car audioAdcom - yea broken record..... Car audio amps were awesomeInfinity - bring back their 90's vintage quality and speakers.... The name is still around but their quality... 
Infinity Kappa 8's
Are these mods only for the kappa 8 or is it also beneficial with the kappa 8.1's?I rand my 8.1's from a adcom gfa-5500.... Never a issue but not enough volumeMarried a girl who had 5 parasound hca1500's (4 of which work) and tried a hca1500 in pl...