ton1313

Responses from ton1313

Auralic Aeries and Air Play Question
Technical ineptitude at its best! I had the ipod muted muted and in turn AirPlay was technically " muted" so no volume.....apologies for for this post  
Auralic Aeries and Air Play Question
So I did some more testing, and have been able to confirm the following:To ensure that there is not a problem with the IPad, I tried multiple apps that support air play and it still does not work from the ipad to the Aries. I have confirmed that ... 
Zu Essence upgrade kit - worthwhile?
Not that close.... I'm in PA. He was on an east coast delivery/house party and was able to swing by. The upgrade is very easy to do, and if you know how to use a screwdriver, and possibly a pair of pliers, you are in good shape......I'm currently ... 
Zu Essence upgrade kit - worthwhile?
Yes.... It's worth it. I had mine installed by Sean when he was in town about a year ago. We are very satisfied with the results, as the Zu sound that so many said was lost, is now back, and very enjoyable. I really liked the Essence as they were,... 
Tube DAC, be gentle first time
Another nod for the MHDT. 
Squeezebox dropouts - another question
I had similar issues, and purchased a network over powerline adapter kit from TP-Link. It send the signal over you homes house power line, and then a wired connection from the adapter to the squeezebox.Very inexpensive fix, easy to et up, and no p... 
Others opinions on the new MHDT Stockholm DAC?
Chips are in & Immediate performance upgrade! WOW is all I can say. This DAC with a realtively simple upgrade is killer!! 
Just ordered the "K" DAC chips. Will post back in a few weeks after break i 
Zu Druid & Definition Roundup
Dale,Your question regarding the Essence.....I have not heard the Druid V. However, I have heard Druid 1, 2, 4, 4/08, Defintion 1, 3, Essence, Essence with HO dirvers upgraded.I did upgrade to Essence from Druid 4/08. I definitely enjoyed the incr... 
Now That You've Ripped Your Entire Collection...
Traded most of mine to Amazon. They give you varying value based on marketability of the performer, release year, and title. They also include for the shipping back to them. So all you need to do is pack them, and drop at the post office. You may ... 
Thanks Phil, I'll probalbly try the K chips.System where the Havanna is as follows:Cayin A-50T integrated with a full set of genelex gold lion toubes on input and output stages.Havanna DAC being fed by Squeeze Box Touch with a welbourne labs power... 
Phil,I picked up a modded Havanna, based on Sean Caseys reommendaton after listening to yours last spring. This is a fantastic DAC. Mine has thefollowing mods:1) The replacement of the two input capacitors with Jensen copper foil paper in oil in a... 
Zu Essence owners....your impressions please
If you are happy with them, good. They are IMHO really nice speakers and sound their best when your system synergy is there. The thing I always noticed with Zu, was that they get out of the way of what is driving them and will definitely reveal wh... 
I prefer the system that the Essence is in for music. It is just a sweet presentation. I never did a direct comparison between the two speakers, as they are on different floors, and since Sean from Zu set them up, I don't want to move either until... 
What is the system comprised of that you are using with them?I have had mine for years, and really enjoyed them for all types of music, mellow to metal.....I did upgrade to the Experience drivers, and they are back closer to the Zu sound that I wa...