stickman451

Responses from stickman451

Call All ELO Lovers
I’ve listened to the Mofi Eldorado several more times and the bass isn’t bothering me quite as much as it did initially but it’s definitely overblown a bit.  Tonight I’ll pull out my original that I bought back when I was in high school ! and do a... 
Whats on your turntable tonight?
The new MoFi vinyl, ELO’s Eldorado… trying to decide how I feel about the bass on this record….   Not sure I like it;  seems very loose, overdone   
The new Raidho’s vs the new Borressen’s ?
I thought that the Z5’s were voiced a lot closer to neutral as compared to the older Raidho’s that I’ve heard over the years at shows. Not my favorite.  I’m going to hear the new TD models and maybe a pair of the original D5.1’s.Another speaker th... 
Yep, I’ve heard the cryo version. 
The big electrostatics are too close to the Maggies in size and amplifier requirements, and overall sound character.   For my room size I’d have to go BIG on the Soundlabs.  The bigger Raidho’s and Borressen’s can fill a larger sized room with sou... 
I have three SVS SB-4000’s that I use with the 20.7’s.  They definitely help!  I use them in a ‘distributed’ configuration; one centered against the front wall, one on the left wall about 3 feet in front of the 20.7, and a third in the rear right ... 
The room is 20’-6” w x 29’-2” L x 11` h.    The Borressen’s and Raidho’s are very close in retail price.  For the larger floor models they go from around $85k up to $170k.   Unbelievably expensive really, but that’s probably a different thread... 
Raidho TD4.2
Thanks for the info.  I am definitely going to listen to the TD4.2 and also the Borresen Z5.  There’s a great Borresen dealer near Chicago that has all of the new models.  I may fly up for an audition.   I haven’t found a Raidho dealer that has a ... 
Raidho TD4.2
Well, I do have plenty of listening room!  My room is 29’-10” long by 22’-9” wide by 11 ‘ high.It’s a dedicated room so I have a lot of leeway on where I can position speakers and also where I can sit.  I like a BIG sound and that’s one reason why... 
40th Anniversary Pre Amp and Repair History
Some cars are “lemons”, they’re just poor designs that constantly breakdown and/or are ridiculously unsafe.The primary purpose of this discussion is to poll other 40th Anniversary users/owners to see if they’ve had similar problems with that piece... 
40th Anniversary Pre Amp and Repair History
I get mixed reviews on this topic. Some people tell me that they’ve owned AR for years and never experienced a single problem; others tell me they’ve had numerous issues.  This thread is not about bashing AR or any other audio company.  More curio... 
Some Really Good Mono Recordings on Vinyl ?
I do have the Beatles in Mono box set; it’s excellent!   Thanks, I’ll take a look at the Dylan box set  
Whats on your turntable tonight?
Monk’s Dream, Mono  
Bob Carver Integrated Amp
what’s the word on when this integrated amp will be available? 
MUST Have Vinyl
I have the Analouge Productions of The Trinity Sessions; a fabulous record for sure!  Wish that I had bought an extra copy however, it’s out of print currently.