liszt458

Responses from liszt458

PASS LABS X150.8 AMP to McIntosh MC462?
Additional reading, and the extremely helpful and informative posts above have decided the issue for me: the Mac is out. Thanks very much to all who took the time to respond! 
PASS LABS X150.8 AMP SUFFICIENT FOR B&W 803 D3s?
Thanks very much for the reassuring responses! 
EXPERIENCED VAC USERS—most bang for the buck
Great info! Thank you, Almarg, for the excellent points about gain. Swampwalker, no problem, and thanks for the link to those great quotes on assuming! We're going the Phi200 route with the Sig MkIIa, as well as with the Renaissance MkIII for some... 
Always fascinating to see the assumptions made by some when a simple question is asked regarding the opinions of experienced users. Swampwalker, thank you for the advice, but your "undercurrent" sensing skills are not as acute as you might think. ... 
Thanks everyone for the helpful responses. I see some of you have your own great VAC systems, so I appreciate all the insight. 
Zd542, anything we provide, we are either authorized to provide ourselves, or provide through an authorized dealer. Our clientele live overseas and have neither the time nor the inclination to spend one minute of their own time shopping for or aud... 
BRICASTI M1DAC DIRECT TO VAC PHI 300.1A OR...?
Thanks for the great responses. Audiooracle, those are great suggestions, but for this particular application, per the client's wishes, we're using these 2 brands. Lustformusic, it seems like you've got a great system. Had you ever tried a preamp ... 
AUDIENCE AU24e vs CARDAS CLEAR for HEGEL/JA PULSAR
Ironic that you should bring that up, Goldprintaudio. We've actually been looking quite closely at the XLO Signature 3 line and may indeed end up going that route. Thanks for the suggestion. 
AUDIENCE AU24e vs CARDAS CLEAR for HEGEL/JA PULSAR
Great input from all of you! I greatly appreciate your taking the time to respond so fully. Thanks for all the advice. 
Esoteric MG-10 vs Volent VL-2 vs A. Zen Adagio Jr
Thanks for your response, Jmbatkh. I may get a chance to hear the Esoteric speakers next week, but I'm still considering the Volents based on reviews only. I am a bit concerned, however, about the bass being too much on them for my 11x13 office. T... 
Conrad Johnson 17LS2 tube problems with Krell amp?
Thank you all for your informative responses. A lot to think about! 
Krell FPB 300cx enough to drive B&W Nautilus 801?
Again, thanks to everybody for taking the time. Very informative! I decided to go for the 400cx, and I expect to have everything in place within the next 10 days or so. I'll let you know how it sounds. 
Stevecham, very compelling! The fact that you directly compared both amps in the same system (something I am not able to do) says a lot. It looks like I will be spending the extra money after all. Thanks for the input. 
Thank you all. Richard (Drrdiamond), I'm alittle confused (and very ignorant). Are you saying D'Agostino encouraged you to go for one stereo amp of 300 watts rather than biamp? Or can you biamp with 2 stereo amps? I thought only monoblocks were us... 
Thanks to both of you for taking the time to respond. You saved me some money!