chriscox000

Responses from chriscox000

SL1200G - Tonearm shape from side question for owners
Viewed from the side it’s not more or less flat. It has a very slight downward curve in the middle viewed from side.  
VPI Turntable repair
I wanted to mention that VPI did offer me a V1 Arm they dug up to swap out at no charge but they are working on a better solution. I wanted to make sure people knew they offered me a solution. I had no clue these were only worth $600-800. I told t... 
VPI Turntable repair
Maybe my assessment wasn’t fair, I am thinking they could be ramping up production to meet orders before tax season. I can imagine this is a Busy time for them, I could see them getting around to messing with this after. I reached out to the gentl... 
VPI Turntable repair
Did this get resolved? I now have the same issue. Honestly a $500 replacement arm is reasonable to me. I feel like this arm must be a little more than entry level if the similar design is being used in a $4k arm. I sent an email to the company, no... 
Ebay LP Purchases
As with anything you need to buy from trusted sellers, that said I buy all my used vinyl from Discogs.com and record shops. If you live in a rural area, find the closest large city and go record shopping. I have afew record stores in Houston that ... 
VPI Traveler vs Pro-ject Xpression III?
I can't speak for the Pro-ject, but I can say that the Traveler is a very well made piece. It is built like a tank, and when I upgraded from a Rega RP1 with custom acrylic platter, Ortofon OM-20 cartridge to the VPI it was leagues better. The soun...