128x128

array1138

Responses from array1138

Remarkably better sound possible with just 1 system component change?
I don't get the concept that inprovements have to cost a dime. Back in the 80's I did sold audio and did "tunings" - my name for it -  for rich guys who owned equipment I couldn't even dream of, like Infinity IRS's, Apogees, CJ Premier 4's Quicksi... 
Help for an Old School Audiophile
Respectfully, I would sell everything as is or donate it to the local library. I'm sure they'll let you borrow whatever you want to listen to later. The media you have will never exist again in it's original format and this should be preserved as ... 
Spendor s3/5 upgrade recommendation?
Greetings...Apparently this is a pretty old thread, but I have a pair and I got 'em without the binding post nuts, so I was considering my options. Any further news on this subject?Thanks 
A Tribute to the Sequerra MET 7
I just picked up a pair of the originals, owned by a guy who's had them since they were new(he was 13 then). Just for shits and giggles I replaced my Spendor S3/5's with them and am listening to them now. One hour playing loudly and they are alrea... 
LS50s and room size
Has anyone tried the ls50's as computer speakers? Against a wall with the plugs in and a sub?I have TRS1, Velodyne Mini and 2 Carver originals... 
Im looking for an expert review of my system
Gear head or not, you might still consider the high afficiency speaker route. Klipshhorns will drive you out of the room ith very little power, and dynamics are better served when the amps don't have to sweat to drive the speakers, and the room be... 
Im looking for an expert review of my system
Sell it all, buy some single driver high efficiency speakers, get some OEM tinned copper speaker cables (connected as bare wire) and a well reviewed tube amp/preamp combo or integrated. Even digital will sound better, and analog will provide bliss... 
Best amp for AKG K701 used/new?
Schiit V2, with tube upgrade. 
Has anyone tried these stunning new CPT power cord?
Skepticism is healthy. I understand why you would feel that way. Have you ever tried any of these cables mentioned in these pages? 
Musical Fidelity X-Can V8 DAC/USB Quality
Hello, Mine is an X-Can V8P, with Pinkie power supply, Emeral Physics DAC 2, Mojo Audio PC and Mojo ribbon interconnects. I listen a lot when I come home from work - usually just before sunrise - and I don't want to bother the neighbors, or get ev... 
Review: CM Labs 914 Amplifier
I had a 35D for awhile, it was great fun to listen to. Blew a pair of Minimus 7 woofers with it! 
Hafler preamps - good, not so good, and history?
I consider the Hafler 101 one of the best ever phono preamps, and I have owned (and own now) some pretty pricey stuff. Of course, the price wh*res will disagree.At the time my 101 was in use (it was new) I was working for someone in the audio indu... 
Review: Ultra Fi Ultra Fi Abisque USB Filter DA converter
I'm a fan of Ultra Fi, and I've had the Musicstream DAC since it came out and I am probably never going to replace it, I consider it that good, listening through my Musical Fidelity X-Can V8P and either my Audio Technica ATH W1000's or my Mackie H... 
Condition of speakers
The condition of a speaker should include all sides, that should be a given. Anything else is misrepresentation, and should be mentioned in your feedback for the transaction. Let the buyer beware, this site was once a bastion of integrity, but ala... 
Review: Antique Sound Labs Flora EX DT Line Preamplifier Tube preamp
It's been forever since anyone added to this, but here's my $0.02. I have had mine for months now and have played with isolation and with different 6sn7's. My previous preamp was a Viva Linea with the optional 300B power supply, using Sophia 300b'...