|The static I generate when walking over to my hi-fi rig could stun a small mammal, especially if I'm wearing my favorite slippers. I've tried various things to mitigate it (humidifier, touching the fireplace doors, etc.) but they were either a hassle or didn't work very well.|
Last night, after a particularly big shock (1/2" bolt of blue, ouch!) my wife suggested I place one of those dryer sheets (we use Bounce) on top of my equipment. What the heck, I'll give it a try....
IT WORKS LIKE A CHAMP! I cannot believe how well this works! There is absolutely NO static now, all I have to do is touch the sheet before touching any equipment. Try it and see.
My wife, I think I'll keep her!