Cars. What does the typical audiophile drive?

Just curious. People have asked about watches,
cigars, beer, and even ones income here.

1: What do you drive (daily & weekends)?
2: What might you be driving in the future?
3: What would you drive if $$$ was no object (pick 2 ;-)?

My answers to the above:
1: Toyota truck.
2: Newer Toyota truck.
3: Lamborghini Murcielago & McLaren F1.
houndco
I drive a 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo and a 2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S. What would I like to own some day... a Porsche 911
My daily beater is a 1984 Civic wagon.

My project car is a fully modified 1985 Chev. p/u with a 350/350 & TCI trans, polyurethane bushings, etc.

My cost no object vehicle would be a helicopter.
I'm pretty lucky because I'm the used vehicle general manager for a large Ford Lincoln Mercury dealership in coastal South Carolina. My dealer is kind enough to let me drive anything I want to that's in our preowned inventory so that gives me an excellent selection to choose from. The best thing about that is that, unlike many others, I don't have to worry about payments, etc on an expensive car so I have more to spend on equipment. I can't say that cars depreciate as much as high line gear, but it's a close second so it's nice to be able to drive nice vehicles at minimum cost and to be able to blow the rest on constant audiophile upgrades...Skip
I drive a 1995 Acura Integra GSR and my wife a 2002 VW GTI turbo. I would like to be driving any vintage Ferrari.
1. 1999 Acura Integra GSR
1998 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 4X4

2. 2003 Acura MDX

3. 2003 Acura NSX
I walk, bus, drive a Mile 12-speed (bicycle) and occasionally rent a car. Spend too much on hifi to own a car, at least on my limited income.
1. 1990 Honda Accord EX
2. 1990 Honda Accord EX (It's paid for!)
3. The new Ford Thunderbird looks way cool, but I'd have to second the Porsche 911.
The roads in my city, DC, are so uniformly bad that it doesn't pay to have a nice car if you drive a lot, which I do.
1. '95 toyota camry
2. Ditto, the best car is one thats paid for!
3. Unimportant, probably wouldn't need a car
Enzo-
So you would drive "any vintage Ferrari" and not a 1960's Shelby? What a surprise!
;-)
Dodge pickup (diesel) weekdays
Chrysler LHS (wifes) weekend
These will be with us for a while
Lamborghini Diablo (Don't like the looks of the Murcielago as much). One like this will work
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1819582965
1. '93 Toyota MR2 Turbo- Late Spring/Summer/Fall
2. '95 Lexus SC400- Winter/Early Spring
3. Cost no object? probably a highly modified Acura NSX...
1992 Toyota Corolla (Daily beater).
1994 Honda Civic (My wife's car); she wants a VW Jetta next.
B&W M5
1. I drive a 1996 Nissan Maxima tricked out with a full Eclipse DDL/GFO custom installed Hi-Fi.

2. Newer Nissan Maxima.

3. Porsche 930 turbo or Ferrari GTO
Lincoln Town Car 1987 5.0V8 with all extras possible: magnetic doors and trunk, sunroof, leather with only 60k orig. miles acquired from an old man near-by Palm Coast, FL.
I had exhaust system mods recently that added me nearly extra 30hp. I used to have Q45 and happily downsized it to Lincoln. I've never had so trouble-free used vehicle + ultra-comfortable and fast enough especially with my recent mods. Should I change Ford stereo for something else? Maybe Nak but this upgrade needs some budget.
1. 2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4X4 required for work
2. Another 4X4, something affordable
3. Porsche DP 935,Turbo 930 or maybe a Saleen product
Good choices kthomas. I also drive a 96 M-3 3.2 coupe and my special occasion car is a 70 BMW 1600ti that has been highly modified. I also have a work truck that's a 2000 Toyota Tundra 4x4.
I guess I'm an oddball here. My daily driver is a '78 Chevy short wheel base, two wheel drive pickup street rod. This one has a stroker smallblock chevy (383 cubic inches) with Vortec heads. (451 ft. lbs. of torque @ 3900 rpm and 383 hp @ 5200 rpm) This is a real stump puller and is used to occasionally tow my other car. The truck is lowered 4 inches, has an GM 200 R4 overdrive transmission, air conditioning, and 276:1 rear gears. Cruise rpm is 1250 and gets a little over 24 miles per gallon on the freeway.
My weekend warrior is a 67 Chevy Nova. The short list for this car consists of aftermarket rack and pinion, a bullet-proof Ford 9" rear end, all aftermarket 406 cubic inch Chevy small block making 520 rear wheel horsepower, Doug Nash 5 speed transmission, disk brakes all around and is a REAL street legal/pump gas/street tire/through-the-mufflers wheelstander. Car also has all of the NHRA required safety equipment. Car can be seen at a website I just got up and running for a friend. Go to http://www.wedyno.com and take a look in the photo gallery. It's the black and white photo.
Both of these vehicles were constructed/modified by yours truely, and no, I don't race on the street. I have nothing to prove. As Cheech and Chong said, "I get high on the real things; a clean windshield, a full tank of gas and a shoe shine". Afterwards, I spin vinyl.
1. 1999 BMW M3
2. 1999 BMW M3
3. 2003 BMW M5 or Porsche 996 or Ferrari 360 Modena or the new Acura NSX V-8!

For all you Integra GSR owners. I used to drive a '96, and boy do I miss the rush of the V-TEC. Those cars come to life above 6000 RPMs. The M3 is a different animal all together, much more low end grunt. Where the GSR screamed, the M3 howls.
You should edit this post and have it include the type of audio system one has in there car also. '97 Honda Accord Special Edition with Focal 2 way components in the front and rear deck with a Focal 10" free-air sub. Powered by a 5 channel soundstream feeding off the stock head-unit. I know people may gasp at stock h/u; but, I tried $900 worth of Eclipse units, w/ the indash changer and absolutley completely hated the sound--don't know why. Dealer wouldn't take it back so I sold it a week later and am much happier with the factory h/u. My car is has been on my credit cards at 0% ever since I bought it.
1. 1997 Chevy Tahoe LT 2. 1993 Toyota Paseo, would like to own a Hummer or a Bentley.
1988 Jaguar XJ-S V-12 convertible. Love it. It is the most car for the money on the used market today. My dream car? A 1966 Ferrari 275GTB4 NART Spyder.
1. 2001 Lexus GS430
2. Will think about when I need to, proabably another Japanese battlecruiser
3. Will think about when I need to

KP
1. Dinan BMW 535i 1990
2. Lotus Elan 91, Colnago (MasterLight, Fondriest Status, bicycles)
3. MBZ C36 AMG
oh....a dream car would be a Huge Panel Cargo van so I can drive around and pick up all the great audio buys I run into in person.
1. a saturn sl2
2. a saturn sl2
3. a saturn sl2, or one of those new-model sporty lexuses.
just sold my 88 911 carrera...dunno what I'm gonna get next...probably a BMW 3 series coupe....my dream car? a 1997 Porsche 993 Twin Turbo S...the best of the air cooled 911's...gimme time
1. '97 Chevy Camaro Z28 w/ 6spd manual.
2. Some sort of old beater pickup w/ 4 wheel drive (moving to Vermont shortly and will need a winter vehicle :).
3. Tough choice- guess I'll have to go with a Calloway Sledgehammer Corvette. Second choice would be a Dodge Viper.
1. Toyota Tacoma 4X4 (Moving to New Hampshire)
2. Toyota Tundra 4X4
3. Dodge diesel 4X4
Don't like cars. Don
1. '98 Chevy S10 SS
2. '63 Chevy Deuce 2dr custom street rod (355/700R4/10 bolt posi, blah blah) In process of completion. Hey Patrick, I finally found a good body man!
3. '62 Bel Air "bubble top" coupe customized out the wazoo!
1. 91 Jetta GLI 16v (winter car), 86 CRX Si with Integra drivetrain swap, many other mods (daily summer car), 93 Honda Prelude Si (track car), 86 CRX Si turbo (future track car, when it's running...soon....)

2. Perhaps an S2000 as a track car. Or possibly an early 1.8 miata with a turbo. Or, Factory Five Cobra (all as track cars)

3. McClaren Can-Am car or Porsche 962 as vintage race cars.
I drive a 1999 Chevy Z71 pickup and my wife drives a 2002 Pontiac Bonneville. Our weekend car if I can ever get it finished is a 65 VW Bug that I am doing a complete rebuild (restoration) on. Not all stock, of course. Lowered, disc brakes, regeared trans, 2180 CC fuel injected engine... I hope to have this completed while I'm still young enough to drive. I'm sure lugnut knows what I mean.

A no cost $$ dream car?
Too many to list.
I have a 2001 Nissan Maxima and a 1998 Nissan Altima. Both have high quality sound systems which a friend and I installed.
1.) 1990 Toyota sr5 4wd 4-runner with 150k miles on it.

2.) Hopefully a 2001 Toyota sr5 4wd 4-runner in millenium silver, sport edition, and gray leather interior. I'll be looking at it this weekend hopefully!

3.) MB clk AMG coupe or any Ferrari!
1-VW GTi VR6 2001
2- N/A
3- 911 turbo
Bradz-I drove a CLK55 AMG for a few weeks last summer a very nice car
1. 1994 Nissan 4X4 Kingcab (a 4X4 is required here and is known as a "Coos Bay Cadillac;>)
2. Same as above (wife drives '91 Buick Century).
3. Kingcab 4X4 of some kind + a 2 seat, convertible sports car-- doesn't have to be expensive, but w/ price no object, maybe a Porsche Boxter.

I really like Lugnuts choice of wheels, and if I were younger (and richer) just might do that myself-- always did like muscle cars. A '69 GTO to start with would be just fine. And BTW, a finely tuned V-8 with suitable mufflers is music to my ears;>). Cheers. Craig
1-VW Sedan 1958
2-DeSoto 1954
3-Citroen 1962

Sorry,my audio equipment is very expensive!!
1996 GMC Jimmy (current)
2003 Toyota 4-Runner (as soon as they come out)
Would love to have a Boxter for the weekends!
1. 1999 GMC Yukon and Volvo 960
2. 2003 GMC Yukon and Volvo or VW Passat
3. Porsche 930 Turbo and BMW 850
Well, I "finished" my HT a few months ago...except for the extra power conditioning I need, and the progressive DVD and HDTV set....and got engaged, so I just bought my dream car.

I got a MB CLK 55 AMG Convertible, Bradz and Tireguy... yes, it is truly an awesome ride! I saw it on the lot on Monday last week and took it home on Thursday! I traded in a Saab Viggen on it (the Saab was the worst car I ever had in my life!) and haven't looked back. Now it would be nice to not be making the payments on it though....oh well, only a few more years of those!

I guess if I could have anything, cost no object I'd get something like a Bentley, but have always had a yearning for a 427 side oiler Shelby Cobra, in blue of course! Then again, I just read the specs on the soon to be released 2003 SL55 AMG Benz...479 bhp from a supercharged 5.4L Aluminum block V-8....sounds hard to beat. Perhaps I'll get to ride in one in a year or two as one of my partners just ordered one!!!
A $2000 piece of shit mazda. I hate the freaking thing but no car payments means more audio equipment. The future will bring another $2000 piece of shit so again I will have more money for audio equipment. (I actualy paid twice as much for speaker cables then I did my car!)

Porshe 911 all wheel drive turbo is my personal favorite. A caparativly laid back design that has the internal parts of a race car.
I drive a 2001 Trek 8500. It's a 21.5" frame and flies on the trails! For all you non bikers out there, this is a bike. No insurance payments, DIY maintenance and the girls dig it (maybe not). My $$$ flow goes into the system instead of that BMW I was drooling over. I live 5 mins from everywhere I need to be so a car isn't necessary. In the future, I'd like a nice new Porsche or BMW M5.