|Click title to read one, or click date to read all below it.|
Moved in last monday--dreadful. nothing fun about moving. at ... Lapierre
Hi pierre, glad your getting settled in ;) tony Mantis007
Beautifully thought out system dude.........how do you like ... Jimbojrjb
Jim thanks for the comments. the dali's are awesome with th ... Lapierre
Wow...i bet those macs and dalis just sing! i've never hear ... Fullnine
Thanks fullnine. the mc275s anchor the helicon 300s bass/mi ... Lapierre
Update: removed 5 bookcases from new listening room. on a pr ... Lapierre
Hi lapierre, i am having similar problems. when installing ... Nvp
Boy oh boy, everything you have is so perfectly chosen. your ... Mjcmt
Paul-- ps audio ppp seems like a great component. likely wil ... Lapierre
Mjcmt-- thanks for the comments. vertical bi-amping. i thin ... Lapierre
I'm not referring to ss and tube amps together for bi-amping ... Mjcmt
Correct. vertical bi-amping with mc 275. will have to think ... Lapierre
Hi lapierre, in reading your system comments regarding futur ... Kevinzoe
Kevin, focused on that right now. my new listening room 12 ... Lapierre
Update: posted first draft of new room dimension and propose ... Lapierre
Your new plan looks outstanding. is this the same room? did ... Mjcmt
Mjcmt thanks. this is a new listening room in a much older ... Lapierre
Hi pierre, thank you very much for your response and for th ... Nvp
Update: based on feedback from gik acoustics designers i twe ... Lapierre
Lapierre - please see my comments to you over on my system thread where I answered your questions.
Having looked at your acoustical treatment diagram again, and being a GIK customer, I thoug I'd pass along some thoughts that hopefully you'll find valuable.
* the GIK 242 is too thin in my opinion to offer broadband attenuation, so I sold mine. Toole in his book recommends that the minimum thickness be 4" or better yet 6" so that it works down to the transition zone frequency which for most small sized domestic rooms is between 300-600Hz. You don't want to attenuate just the highest frequencies as it will then be acting as a low pass filter and throwing off the spectral balance of those reflections and reflections of those reflections. I would suggest diffusion in the middle of the front wall as you will be using absorption on the back wall.
* the GIK Tri-Traps while shaped as a triangle to fit neatly into a corner will work better by reaching down to lower frequencies if you rotate it 180 degrees so that there is a larger airspace between the wall and the trap. Will you be stacking 2 into each corner as 1 isn't very effective? Better still is to put 2 of them together to create a vertical oriented rectangle with another pair of them on top, so 4 per corner.
* can you put Monster traps on the back wall which are thicker than the 244's?
* can you move your chair and speakers out from the back wall and front wall respectively from 33 - 38%?
* the GIK D1s will diffuse from a bit below 1kHz due to the well depth. Have you considered building a DIY diffuser to work across broader frequencies?
Hope this is of some value . . .
Kevinzoe (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)
Thanks kevin. monster traps with 7.5" depth can be ins ... Lapierre
Great equipment, pierre, and very thoughtfully set up. it's ... Almarg
Thanks for the comments al. the mc275 is such a classic com ... Lapierre
Lapierre-so have you bought a b2? i remembering speaking wit ... Jlind325is
Jlindi325 the b2 i bought for my ht system several years ago ... Lapierre
Pierre, how is the room coming? i have ordered my panels fro ... Milpai
Milpai thanks for comments and the update on your system. ... Lapierre
Lapierre, your system should sound very involving :) Lawence_carpio
Wow wish i could hear these. great looking setup. Scott_weinberg
Thanks scott. i'm in the process of re-evaluting a couple o ... Lapierre
Pierre, time for new pics :-) is the new layout complete yet ... Milpai
Hey milpai thanks for stopping by. the room is finished and ... Lapierre
Lapierre, so sorry to read about your misfortunes. but good ... Milpai
Lapierre, wow, also sorry to hear about that but hey, it cou ... Devilboy
Lapierre, just stumbled into your post, and i'm also sorry ... Toudou
Thanks for the comments toudou. i'm taking notes from your ... Lapierre
I like how your components are close to the floor. being out ... Booboobaer
Thanks booboo for the complements. looking into new design ... Lapierre
How did the new move go? i would love to see some pics of y ... Devilboy
Moving friday. need to install more outlets. current outlet ... Lapierre
New room 14 x 16. will post pictures soon. floors being re ... Lapierre
Soon it will all be finished l. you must be getting excited ... Devilboy
Lapierre, just wondering if you've started listening to the ... Devilboy
Synergistic powercell and power cords will be delivered tues ... Lapierre
Finished my second day of testing powercell 6 and various po ... Lapierre
Nice work lapierre. looks like this the best set up you have ... Milpai
Thanks milpai. the room treatments are on hold. i've got a ... Lapierre
How are you liking the new synergistic research element powe ... Joeyboynj
Definitely improved the overall sound of my system. midrange ... Lapierre