WA-Quantum GmbH's Quantum Chips

WA-Quantum GmbH's Quantum Chips has anyone tried these?

I have tried the fuse chips and I am quite impressed! How the ... ???

So, I went ahead and ordered chips for speakers,cables,and transformer chips. I also purchased a few more fuse chips to try on circuit breakers / outlets.
Heck, I may even try some of them on my Synergistic powercell.
Luckly they come with a 30 day return.

I have read Norm's positive review on Stereo Times.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried these.
128x128ozzy
Ozzy,

I am using the fuse chips, one actually since I only have one piece of equipment with a fuse. John Pharo at The Cable Company recommended it to me.

The fuse chip takes about 1-1.5 hours to settle in and show you it's stuff. The soundstage will widen, especially at the rear of the soundstage. The individual performers become something much better than before, I don't know exactly how to describe it though.

That's what it did in my system anyway.

Chuck
Thanks for posting everyone.
Chadeffect, I thought that my current system was soundng pretty good. But when I installed the fuse chips the improvement that I hear is the sound becomes calmer, rounder, with more depth. Voices take on a more natural sound. The bass seemed to get a little louder so I re-tweaked the settings on my JL subs. Really all positive and no negatives with this inexpensive tweak.

The other chips that are designed to work with speakers, cables, transformers are pricier so I have big expectations as to thier contribution.
I'll post more once I receive them and have them installed.
But if anyone else has had some experience with these chips I would like to hear your impressions.
Thanks for the information Ozzy. Very interesting. Keep us posted.

As you probably know these kinds of tweaks are causing controversy. But I am looking forward to trying some.

I am a believer in trying these things out rather than ranting about how it cannot work with no experience. Too much of that these days...
I started with speaker and cable chips and later added transformer and fuse chips. While I yet have to come acrossva sensible technical explanation for these widgets, they work amazingly well. The beatvway of describing their effect is akin tomremoving jitter on a digital replay system: better spacial and time allignment against blacker backgrounds.
Antigrunge, On my speakers, my plan is to blue tack the edges of the sticker to my speaker to find the right spot before I use the stickers adhesive.
Does it matter where I place the chips on the Transformer?
Just recieved all of the different chips.
First (temporary) place was on my Pass Labs Transformer... Wow!
As I experiment with all the different types of chips, I have noticed that putting a fuse chip on my Oyadide outlet covers provided a pretty substantial improvement in dynamics.
Ozzy.. I felt like a fool when I was sticking the chips to my fuses thinking to myself, I have been conned out of some money for these stupid stickers but the reality proved me very wrong. I've stick the fuse chips to my consumer unit fuses and to my clock fuse. Lft them in there over night and this morning played my usual reference CD's and my jaw dropped thinking WTF just happened here. Everything seem louder, clearer, more detail and the dynamics also improved. Next up to stick 2 fuse chips to my dual mono pre amp again thinking how can this get any better.... WRONG again. The music got even louder from my usual listening level and more dynamics. The bass took a deeper dive yet having more definition. I'm now really scratching my head as to how these small " stickers" work but you know what, it doesn't matter because I'm loving the sound and chilling :)
More fuse chips on the way but not sure am willing to go crazy on other more expensive chips.
I too own a SR Powercell 10SE-Mk2 so maybe that's where I'll attack next.
Flashunlock,
Are you sticking the fuse chips to the chassis of components? I'll also be interested in hearing from you regarding the SR Power Cell SE MK2 which I also have.
On my powercell , I found that the best place to put a chip is on the Synergistic Gallo mini coupler. Big improvement all around, for now I am using a cable chip there, but perhaps a smaller one would suffice. I also have a cable chip on the Powercell 32A plug at the powercell.

I also have the large and small Cap chips on all of my Amps caps. In addition to these, I have the Transformer chips on all of my Transformers, 5 of the cable chips and the speaker chips on my speakers.

On the speakers, placing the chip higher up the speaker provides more air, and placed lower more bass. I seemed to find the best overall placement by putting them over the crossover. This placement surprised me, because the crossover is to the right of the speaker binding posts.

The others, Transformers and Cap chips, increased dynamics still further, and has a postive effect, a no brainer.

At this time, I am still playing around with the cable chips. I have a set at the end of my speaker cables but the others still haven't found a "best place"
Ozzy,
Please see my comments about magnets in another thread. I'll be interested in hearing from you about this.
I run Duevel Bella Lunas and put them on the treble portion of the diffusor. after trying first near the cross- over resulting in a dulling of the sound and near the woofers resulting in a warbling bass
Thanks guys for the info.
It is odd that different places on the speakers change the chips sonics.
1. Because of this discussion I'm thinking of trying some of these.
2. As far as placement, sounds like experimentation is the order of the day.
One can't help wondering: what exactly are the WA Chips doing? Any ideas? Since the various sizes/types of chips appear to be formulated for specific applications and while there might be some coincidental interchangeability of some chips, they appear to address something unique to each application - fuse, speaker, transformer, musical instrument, etc. Are the chips interacting with voltage? Charge? Voltage? Vibration? Electromagnetic field? Something else?
Rja, Looking forward to what you think. For sure try the fuse chips and be prepared to shake your head in disbelief.
Geoffkait,I hear ya, it is a mystery to me.
All I can tell is that their effect is not unlike that of Bybee purifiers although they happily coexist and support each other. Given the applications, I think it has most likely to do with RFI/EMI suppression although my guess is as good as anybody's
" I think it has most likely to do with RFI/EMI suppression"

THat would be my guess as well.

RFI/EMI noise is essentially always present and devices that work based on proximity to circuits are most likely affecting this somehow IMHO.

IF so, then the question becomes more about how this is done and is the approach more effective than other means that might cost much less, like use of Mu MEtal, etc.?
Antigrunge wrote,

"All I can tell is that their effect is not unlike that of Bybee purifiers although they happily coexist and support each other. Given the applications, I think it has most likely to do with RFI/EMI suppression although my guess is as good as anybody's."

Not sure I go along with your detective work, there, Antigrunge. If it has to do with RFI/EMI suppression how do you explain the use of the chips on musical instruments? That certainly can't be RFI/EMI suppression, can it?

Cheers
I don't know how many of you saw this small review: http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue63/furutech.htm

Myles brought up this point that I found very true in my own system: the WA-Quantum Fuse Chip makes it obvious which way the fuse should be in one's component.

Before I applied the chips to the Furutech, HiFi-Tuning Supreme and Synergistic Research SR20 fuses, the differences in the directionality of the three fuses were very subtle to my ears.

After I placed the chips on them, the difference was obvious: in one direction the sound is full and rich in the mid and lower region and in the other direction the sound is thinner and highlights the upper region.

I could always hear the difference when I had the Isoclean fuse, but I didn't notice a difference in these three fuses that really mattered too much.

Chuck
I think I've seen their literature says it changes molecular structures somehow or something along that line.
Mapman wrote,

"I think I've seen their literature says it changes molecular structures somehow or something along that line."

Link, please, or quote.
Mapman, the blurb, "changes at a submolecular level" on the page you linked to appears to be nothing more than ad copy by VH Audio, a dealer for the chips. Has the actual WA Chip manufacturer revealed something you can sink your teeth into? Probably not.

WA-Quantum GMBH Debut Audiophile "Quantum Chips"
Source: Press Release

"WA-Quantum GMBH is a manufacturer of high technology products including a line of "Chips" operating at a subatomic Quantum level, which improve the efficiency of current flow and signal transmission in audio devices including fuses, capacitors, phono cartridges and tonearms, transformers, transducers, and audio cabling.

Special chips are also available for use with both electronic and acoustic musical instruments.

In each case the Chip is mounted on an adhesive backing which can be attached to the device. The Chips are "programmed" for their specified applications."
"Mapman, the blurb, "changes at a submolecular level" on the page you linked to appears to be nothing more than ad copy by VH Audio, a dealer for the chips. Has the actual WA Chip manufacturer revealed something you can sink your teeth into? Probably not. "

"WA-Quantum GMBH is a manufacturer of high technology products including a line of "Chips" operating at a subatomic Quantum level, which improve the efficiency of current flow and signal transmission in audio devices including fuses, capacitors, phono cartridges and tonearms, transformers, transducers, and audio cabling. "

Still nothing to sink teeth into from either source. Even worse, it appears the dealer and maker are sending two different messages. Now I am even more confused. Did the dealer get it wrong somehow? Who knows?

I, apparently like others, would really like to understand how the product does what it does, but I am not holding my breath at this point personally. It is what it is, whatever it is?
Mapman,

To make things even more confusing, when the appropriate WA Quantum Chip is used on an acoustic musical instrument the tone and overall sound of the instrument improves, according to the testimonials of musicians. If the WA chip, as the press release states, "improves the efficiency of current flow and signal transmission," one wonders how can that be the mechanism of operation for an acoustic musical instrument?
a line of "Chips" operating at a subatomic Quantum level, which improve the efficiency of current flow and signal transmission
If it did this, wouldn't this technology be in every auto, plane, cell phone, communications satellite, space probe, computer, television, cell phone tower, etc.? Wouldn't dozens of industries be rushing to embrace this technology? Why are only audiophiles able to perceive the advantage?
I now have experimented some more chips on the SR Powercell 10SE-MK2....

1: A cable chip on the 32A plug.
2: A transformer chip on the back of Powercell body in the middle.
3: A transformer chip next to the DC active plug on the Powecell.
4: Transformer chips on each of my dedicated mains outlet sockets.
5: A transformer chip on SR Gallileo plug that supplies the SR precision cable and Powecell.

Tried the transformer chips on the 4 x transformers in my CD player (Esoteric K-01)and I didn't like how it sound... dulled, rounded and compressed the sound.

Also tried the Cable chip on my power cord (Siltech Ruby Double Crown)for my CD player and it didn't do a thing.

I personally think that the Fuse Chips improved the overall sound the most.
Onhwy61 wrote,

""a line of "Chips" operating at a subatomic Quantum level, which improve the efficiency of current flow and signal transmission."

If it did this, wouldn't this technology be in every auto, plane, cell phone, communications satellite, space probe, computer, television, cell phone tower, etc.? Wouldn't dozens of industries be rushing to embrace this technology? Why are only audiophiles able to perceive the advantage?"

It's not necessarily that only audiophiles are able to perceive the advantage. It's more likely that audiophiles are interested in or even enamored with cutting edge technology, whereas industries like telecommunications, NASA, aviation and the military are deliberate and slow in embracing new or cutting edge technologies since new technologies take a very long time to assess and integrate into existing systems. I.e., those organizations are very conservative. Audiophiles are under no such constraint, they simply try these newfangled things out and see how they sound. The Shakti OnLines were measured to provide better gas mileage but I kinda doubt General Motors ever heard of Shakti, much less integrated Shakti products into their automobiles. On the other hand, some vibration isolation concepts for audio were derived from microscopy and some quantum audiophile products were derived from military submarine technology.
Red and Blue Intelligent Chips. Sound familiar?

"The original GSIC (still around and upgraded, by the way) is used on CDs and its effects are permanent. The new ones are placed on top of transformers and power cords and their effects are completely reversible. They come in two versions: the light Blue is for use on amps; the orangey-Red is for front-end gear. I can merely hope the fracas caused by the original GSIC is not to be repeated."

Full review of the Red and Blue Chips by Positive Feedback at:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue26/gsic.htm
Raj wrote,

"This is weird stuff."

What's weird is that high end audio has found more applications for quantum mechanics than any other industry, including the military, energy, telecommunications, space, computer, automotive and aviation. As for quantum dots applications, the best the private sector can come up with is some pretty little Christmas tree lights.
I've been reading about these for a while now. There are reports all over the place. Many find these "things" to change the sound of their systems. Some changes for the better and some for worse and that the effects can change by placement and number used. They are most commonly described as "stickers".
As far as "Quantum", that's just a name as far as I'm concerned not necessarily a claim. They could have called them "Audio Stickers" or "Ajax Labels" or "Fun Stickies", wouldn't really matter. Figure, about half of all stuff in audio is named after something either Hindu or Buddhist. "Quantum" is just so "in" right now like "Titanium". Lots of "Titanium" stuff right now that contain absolutely no titanium for instance. So that part is insignificant to me.
But they seem to be doing something and no one can figure out why, that's what seems weird to me. Weird enough that I might have to give them a try. Maybe they should have named them the "Little Enigma Thingies".
Raj,

But if they are quantum mechanical in nature wouldn't that be big news? Most folks probably figure quantum mechanics is strictly an atomic or subatomic level phenomenon and has no relation to the real, Macro world. Something that small, if it contains quantum material, must contain extremely minute amounts of the stuff, you know, being so thin and small. One wonders, if you wear infrared goggles in a dark room would you be able to see photon emission of the WA chips? What would happen if you cut one of the WA Quantum Chips in half? Could you get two chips for the price of one? Why are so many types and sizes of chips necessary?

If the WA Chips are NOT quantum, why on Earth would a company chose the word Quantum for the name? Doesn't make sense, you know, with so many folks like yourself suspicious of anything with the word Quantum in it. You know how audiophiles are....

And if the WA Chips aren't Quantum what else could they possibly be, you know, being so small and thin? And there being so many types, each "programmed" for a specific application.
I remember a time, maybe late 50s or early 60s, when the word "Quasar" became very popular. Of course none of the products with "Quasar" in their name had anything to do with actual Quasars. If I'm not mistaken the term was used occasionally on television shows like "Startrek" as well.
Now it seems the "Quantum" moniker is all the rage and some people seem disturbed by this, most likely those with some physics background, because they see the name as "false" advertising. 8^)
And although dissection of aliens doesn't really interest me the dissection of a Quantum Chip would. Anyone have an electron microscope they'd like to volunteer?
Rja wrote,

"Now it seems the "Quantum" moniker is all the rage and some people seem disturbed by this, most likely those with some physics background, because they see the name as "false" advertising. 8^)"

There have been quantum physics devices in audio for more than twenty years. Bybee, Quantum Corp., now Nordost, not to mention the original Intelligent Chip and Ultra Tweeters from JMSR as well as Rainbow Foil and the Red X Pen from PWB. Could it be the physics types are either in denial or haven't been paying attention?

"And although dissection of aliens doesn't really interest me the dissection of a Quantum Chip would. Anyone have an electron microscope they'd like to volunteer?"

Some skeptics did just that with the original Intelligent Chip, examined the top and bottom surfaces of the tiny metal disc contained inside the orange Intelligent Chip with a scanning electron microscope at a metallurgy lab. The skeptics who examined the chip found nothing and claimed the quantum aspect of the device was a scam. Little did the skeptics realize the "quantum material" is located between two thin discs sandwiched together. They also did not realize there are only several million or so atoms of the "quantum material" inside. So, even if they had thought to open up the metal sandwich and tried to find the quantum atoms with the electron microscope they would never have been able to find them. It would be like looking for a tiny needle in a huge haystack!
"But if they are quantum mechanical in nature wouldn't that be big news?"

Maybe. It all depends. The devil is in the details which apparently are not being disclosed in this case. So as presented, it cannot be assessed as anything beyond a marketing term which is apparently good enough.

Where's the beef?
Mapman wrote,

Geoff said, "But if they are quantum mechanical in nature wouldn't that be big news?"

Mapman wrote, "Maybe. It all depends. The devil is in the details which apparently are not being disclosed in this case. So as presented, it cannot be assessed as anything beyond a marketing term which is apparently good enough."

According to the press release the WA Quantum Chips operate at the "subatomic Quantum level." I realize that is not very helpful. However, they go on to say,

"In each case the Chip is mounted on an adhesive backing which can be attached to the device. The Chips are "programmed" for their specified applications."

Now, what else besides quantum material can be programmed? You know, "programmable matter." "Artificial atoms." Hel-looo! If what they say about the chips being programmed for specific applications is not true, I.e., a marketing ploy, the various chips should be interchangeable, no?
It's important to remember that audiophiles are more interested in cutting edge technology than NASA, the military or the telecommunications industry. Anyway, that's what one person argued earlier in this thread.
I just keep ordering more and more...there is some magic power in them there chips...
Ok, tried the chips all over and the only one that worked for me is the fuse chip in my pre amp. The transformer and cable chips did absolute nothing.
Firstly tried the transformer chips(4) in my CD player and noticed a drop in detail and dynamic, also sound stage shrunk. Took them out then tried them in my mono amps, again, did nothing to the sound. Next tried them along with a cable chip on SR Powercell 10SE-MK-2... sounded dull in comparision so took them all out except the fuse chips in my pre amp and the consumer unit.
Flashunlock, I have found that the fuse chips seem to show positive results right away. However, the others take a couple of days.
How does one know if the chip is working properly or if defective?

How is the customer support with these products when results are not heard and a defective device a possibility?
Ozzy, thanks for the advice but I have left them in there for over 2 days for the Powercell. Also, I thing I hate about the chips is that once you peel them off the sticky glue is hopeless meaning trying to attempt re using them.

My time with the chips has been done and only the fuse ones are being used.

Thanks.