|Why does improving power quality improve sound quality?|
Iím not asking to start an argument about power cords or wall outlets. Please letís not go there. Iím asking because Iím hoping to learn some technical explanations for the effects of power quality on sound quality. I think I already understand howÖ
1. greater current availability = greater dynamic range
2. reduction of RFI/EMI = better signal to noise ratio
Öbut what about theseÖ
3. ???????? = greater perceived resolution
4. ???????? = more realistic instrument timbres
5. ???????? = more precise imaging
Are differences in resolution, instrument timbres, imaging, etc. somehow reducible to current availability and/or powerline noise? If so, HOW are they reducible?
Again, Iím hoping to get into technical specifics, not polemical generalities.
Thanks in advance.