|Click title to read one, or click date to read all below it.|
What about cream cheese? i've always wondered if "phila ... Metralla
The town i reside in really offers nothing except 1. the sa ... Tireguy
Really, tireguy? wow! ok [nyuk, nyuk], here do you live? a ... Gunbei
Metralla, i'm green with envy. fortunatly, trejla makes my t ... Jmcgrogan2
Not in order of significance: 1) harley davidson 2) victo ... Nrchy
I dwell in las vegas, nv. i'll have to think about this one. ... Dweller
I am from south georgia and here is my top 15 1. college f ... Chuck
Metralla, i hope someone corrects me if i am wrong, but crea ... Trelja
I used to live in San Jose. San Jose has more than perfect weather. But, you have to think outside the box, so to speak. In other words, it isn't San Jose so much as all the places you can get to in just a short drive. So, with that in mind, even though I don't live there anymore, I grew up there and feel the need to defend it a little --
1) Santa Cruz -- home of one of the oldest wooden roller coasters, some fine beaches, and vintage hippies.
2) Lake Tahoe -- in just a few short hours, you can be swimming in one of the most beautiful lakes in the world in summer, skiing on some incredible slopes in winter, mountain biking, or gambling.
3) Berkeley -- Lots of great restaurants, Telegraph avenue is like a trip to several countries and states of mind -- vintage hippies, vintage beat-niks,
and you might even see the guy who roller skates around naked except for a
4) Yoshi's -- Great Jazz club in Oakland.
5) Palo Alto -- Great University town, home of Stanford, great place to meet women who can think circles around your behind, great restaurants, different vibe from Berkeley.
6) San Francisco -- needs no explanation.
7) Santa Cruz Mountains
8) Mt Tamalpais -- amazing mountain biking and hiking trails.
9) Muir Woods -- Just north of SF.
10) Napa/Sonoma Valley -- Wine country.
11) Monterey/Carmel/Pebble Beach -- can you say amazing golf?
12) Yosemite National Park -- Needs no explanation.
13) Winchester Mystery House -- Home of the widow of the inventor of the Winchester Rifle. The woman was said to be haunted by ghosts who told her to "keep building" so she did -- in every direction, with stairways leading nowhere, halls that dead end for no reason, etc.
14) Silicon Valley -- you don't want to visit it -- it is the major industry. This is what happens when other inventions like deep-dish pizza, hot-dish, and soft pretzels, are already taken.
15) Pac Bell Park -- When Barry Bonds homers over the right field fence, the ball goes into the San Francisco Bay. Is that great, or what?
16) 49ers -- no, they don't play in San Jose -- they play at Candlestick Park,
which is just a short drive. Things have quieted down recently, but some guys named Joe, Jerry, and Ronnie used to play there.
17) Raiders -- If you live in San Jose, you can root for either NFL team. Things have quieted down recently, but some guys named Jake The Snake, Plunk, Tooz, Freddie, Lester, Jack, Phil, and The Mad Stork used to play there.
Rsbeck (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)
Dweller your #1 being from las vegas should be strip clubs t ... Mejames
Gunbei- really! i live in this town called kinderhook. its t ... Tireguy
When your psrents name you ichabod, you know things aren't g ... Rsbeck
Hey, metralla.....we've got the san jose sharks... pacific d ... Bigpowerballs
Tireguy, so good ol' marty van buren started it all?! i'll ... Gunbei
While i can't top joe's (trelja) list as i live in the phila ... Slipknot1
Trelja: hey how about them eggles' fans throwing snowballs a ... Shubertmaniac
I think you are right about the chamber music shubertmaniac, ... Trelja
"i thought the women from the greater northeast had the ... Tubegroover
Sorry about that....no pun intended, should be hard earned, ... Tubegroover
I forgot the main point in bryn mawr, i saw muddy waters the ... Shubertmaniac
Ah shubert, we need to catch up at some point... the main p ... Trelja
I moved out of the philthadelphia are about 25 years ago. th ... Snook2
The leafs, italian gelato, the leafs, italian food, veal and ... Natnic