What happen to favorite music list?

Come on Guys we can talk about wire and amps and speakers any day,lets put on some great tunes we can ge from each other. there was someone talking about this the other day and now its gone,I didn`t get a chance to write all the music down ,then the list was gone, so come on Carl and Albert,David put up the tunes and lets keep it going !!!!!!
128x128drumsgreg
I guess someone wants to run the show and not let us have fun here.Greg,I was wondering what happened here.Im quite new to the internet and just discovered e-BAY O.M.G. vinyl heaven!! I have bid on a album I had given up any hoe of ever finding on VINYL.According to all my inquires it was never released on VINYL but there it is and I WILL own it.TOOLS AENEMA! Maybe I havent grown up to much yet but to me there is nothing like ferocious power cords and explosive drums!I like Heavy Metal and modern rock!! And You??
No I didn`t grow up yet either, at 48 and still playing drums in a rock band,I love all kinds of music,but at that age ,I CAN QUITE DO THE METAL AS I USE TOO!!!!. So classic rock is what I play and listen to at home,along with some of my jazz and fusion music from players like Steve Smith,Frank Gambale,Chick Corea, Bill Bruford,I like the new music from Bruce Cockburn and Steely Dan and the new Alan Parson Project. these were recorded well,not to much music done well these days. to get good sounding music you have to go get some of that audiofile crap, sounds good ,but kinda empty, great for showing of your stuff, but still just doesn`t fill your SOUL.!!!!!! I just wanted people to write down what they like so I can build my music, and share what I have with them, great way to build a good selection of tunes. Greg
Alright I confess.I like Tommy James and the Shondells!! The man has a voice that can make a metalhead melt.Now that I finally have a high rez system the Beatles sure sound different then from a AM radio in my old 68 Ford Econoline Van! Nothing like dimming te lights.torching up some incense and spinning The Threshold of a Dream.Talk about bringing back memories! How about some Sticky Fingers?My zipper's stuck but it sure sounds good.What am I doing sitting here typing when I can be spinning Stevie in my living room? Bye
Hi Drumsgreg, David et al; Nice topic: I'm well over half century old myself, ...let's hear it for: Buddy Guy, Hound Dog Taylor, Koko Taylor, Etta James, Terry Evans, JJ Cale, Lonnie Mack, Lonnie Brooks, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker etc. in the Blues genre. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Melissa Etheridge, Cowboy Junkies, George Thorogood, ZZ Top, Enya, Enigma, Clannad, Mai're Brennan (lead singer for Clannad, and sister of Enya), Loreena McKennitt, Natalie Cole, George Jones, and Hank Williams Jr.. There's not really room to list specific CDs here like I would like to. If I were to recommend one artist to cyberaudio friends, it would be Mai're Brennan (also lead singer for Clannad), her ballads are especially beautiful. Her first CD was self titled "Mai're Brennan". BTW her 1st name is pronounced "Moira". Her next CD was "Perfect Time", and she has two more out. Beautiful, beautiful ballads-- probably found in Irish Folk or Celtic sections. A five star performer, and recordings are very good.
There was ( I guess) a date code error at Audiogon, the postings had a strange date and got slammed to the VERY BOTTOM of the page, although the posting was new! Please revisit Sound Advise and continue with your postings and comments, I was enjoying it too.
Albert, I looked there and its gone again, maybe you could posts something there and bring it back, anyway its good that people will post there music here so we can look at the different types that are availible to us all, Albert, who was that Blues guy you were talking about.Greg
Buy the CD by jennifer Warnes - The Hunter - it is the best it can rock your system and you can focus on the music at the same time - Way Down Deep will blow you if not your speakers away. I do not know if it is on vinyl but if someone knows I would appreciate the info. Private Music Label. Stop reading and go buy it.
Drumsgreg, I just left there, it is alive and well and running at the Sound Advice side of postings. The date code being wrong was the problem (I guess). Anyway, it is there and I will go post something again to try to keep it alive. The Blues guy I was talking about was probably Luke and the Locomotives (Audioquest label), produced by my friend Joe Harley. This should be available on CD and LP both. Pretty much rocks! If that is not it, the only other Blues I remember speaking of recently is John Lee Hooker's "Boom Boom," no explanation is needed for him. To Ljgj, Jennifer Warnes "The Hunter." I have it on LP, but I do not know if it is still available. By the way, if you stare at her images on the LP while listening to her voice, it makes you want to marry her. At least it works on me.
Albert, I found it later and posted there as well, thats the man you were talking about, Luke AND THE locomotives,I`ll order it today. I have te Jennifer Warnes, the Hunter,I just love the way that lady sings, I have one on CD iwould like to share,its from "Joe Zawinul and the zawinul sydicate World Tour" this has got to be one of the BEST live CD`S I`ve ever heard,dynamics are hot, w i d e sound stage great music too!!!!! the band is just SMOKING, some great players on this disc. Greg
I'M NOT A DRUMMER, but my brother used to fiddle with it some, never got in a band, and became an Electrical engineer, heh heh. The live Sarah McLachlin "Mirror Ball" has nice punchy drums. I like to listen to it at 100 dB, and pretend I'm THERE with her. I just LOVE her!! She has redeemed Canadian women after the rediculous Celine Dion!! (Alanis Morrisette is pretty good too, though.) The first single released from the band Live has nicely recorded and punchy tom drums...wonder what combination of compression limiting they use to get it to "translate" that punch to FM airplay so well? I too enjoy classic ROCK and METAL, besides classical and jazz. The Who's "Live at Leads" has awesome dynamics for CD. My favorite band is Def Leppard...a shame they never released a live anthology, thye're EXTREMELY GOOD LIVE! I'll be seeing Kiss next month, with earplugs most of the time, of course...HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE ROLLING STONES LIVE? The biggest show you'll ever see, or at least it was in '89. Too bad the reunion of Jimmy and Robert wasn't as good as it should have been...and they should have had John Paul with them, and called themselves Zeppelin...and it should have been ten years ago, when there was maximum interest from the youth culture in them getting back together. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST TOUR OF ALL TIME...now it's too late. Ty Moyer at ASC is also a drummer...do you know him, Drumsgreg?
I went to see the Stones in "89" at the Clemson,S.C. Stadium, that was the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH,Living Color was the front band that played that night,the fireworks display after the show was out of this world, my wife worked at BUDWIESER and I got two FREE tickets to go see them,so the guitar player and I hauled ass up there and ROCKED ALL NITE, what a great nite of music and fun .My two little girls love Sarah, I bought 'mirror ball' on DVD and they wacth it all the time,yes she`s a real doll baby ,and can sing too!!! No I don`t know him, but I`am glad to know he plays a great instrument IMHO!!!!! Greg
I went to see the Stones in "89" at the Clemson,S.C. Stadium, that was the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH,Living Color was the front band that played that night,the fireworks display after the show was out of this world, my wife worked at BUDWIESER and I got two FREE tickets to go see them,so the guitar player and I hauled ass up there and ROCKED ALL NITE, what a great nite of music and fun .My two little girls love Sarah, I bought 'mirror ball' on DVD and they wacth it all the time,yes she`s a real doll baby ,and can sing too!!! No I don`t know him, but I`am glad to know he plays a great instrument IMHO!!!!! Greg
I saw them at Legion Field in Birmingham Alabama. Living Color indeed was the opening band when I saw them too. This was October 5, 1989, I believe. IT WAS EXTREMELY KILLER FOR SURE! The capacity crowd was about 76,000, and deafening! I hope they can tour with a stage even bigger than that before they retire!! I think it took 100 (or was it 200?) tractor trucks to transport it. It was about 70% more than any of the tours since then.
I saw the STONES at Rich Stadium in Buffalo,NY in 74 or 75.All I remember is I was feeling real colorful that day and a biker sitting in front of me turned and puked on my shoes.I heard a killer blues song on the radio today.The guitar work was maybe the best I have EVER heard.The name of the song is "Im a Ram" thats all I know.Any one know this? Is it on vinyl? I loved it!!!
just finished listening to randy weston-portrait of duke ellington----mmmmmmmm. , cassandra wilson dong neil youngs 'haarvest moon' off new moon daughter----ehtereal!