Looking for great cable

I'm looking a set of great cables without breaking the bank. I'm currently using Monitor Audio gx300s, gx150, and gx100 for surrounds. I'm currently using "better cables" and I'm noticing that sound washes out in the mid/high level a bit. I am currently bi-amping the gx300s so I would need extra cable runs for those. I would ideally like to stay under 2k.

Thanks in advance for any help.
azag
Look at Darwin Silver ($295), or Darwin Ascension ($595). The Silvers were a tranformational step-up in sound from the Morrow MA-4s and 3s I had. They look cheap, but the sound is wonderful. I have a very resolving system and they are the last ICs I will buy. Use any of the typical sound adjectives and they apply to these ICs. I've also had Crimson cables, Audioquest (several different ones), Magnan, Mogami (long ago). Morrows were very easy to use due to their flexibility and soundwise were a lateral move overall from Magnans and the better Audioquests (some things a little better, some worse). The Darwins will flat out amaze you if you don't get psyched out by their looks--no one has to know you didn't pay stupid money to have much better sound. I was NOT expecting the jump in performance from the MA-4s to the Silvers.
I'm a Snake River Audio cable fan and it may just fit in your budget depending on the model you try. There is a 30 day money back guarantee if not happy. Call Jonny. I have a revealing system as you can tell and I am quite pleased with the performance of this cable; it replaced a lot of better known brands and I have never looked back.
I have used Audio Magic cables through the years and have compared them in my system against highly reviewed cables from other companies. They still remain my reference.
I second the Darwin Silver ICs and staying in the silver camp, I went for the Tempo Electric silver speaker cables. An 8' length will run you less than $400 and the level of increase is on par with the Darwin ICs, I kid you not.
They will be bright for the first three days but will even out and blow all the cobwebs away. Check out my review on them under the review section.

All the best,
Nonoise
I'm currently using yamaha mxa-5000 series pre/amp. I'm not sure if that would affect your responses on speaker wire. Nonetheless, thank you for the advice thus far.
01-27-14: Brauser
I have used Audio Magic cables through the years and have compared them in my system against highly reviewed cables from other companies. They still remain my reference.
I second the Audio Magic cables. I have a full loom of them in my system. Excellent sonics.
Another fan of Audio Magic here. I have a liquid air running from my source to preamp, but I'm using a 3M top of the line VH audio from the pre to the amp. It is a superb IC. Very sweet and at the same time detailed, grainless, you name it. It does everything right.
The TUBULUS Argentus Black speaker cable fits in your budget.
It's based on silver conductors and air insulation.

http://www.tubulus.net
The TUBULUS Argentus Black speaker cable fits in your budget.
It's based on silver conductors and air insulation.

http://www.tubulus.net
If you want to try something relatively inexpensive, but very
good . Cardas Crosslink. they are a touch forward in the mids
it might be just what you need
??
[url=http://www.audioreview.com/cat/cables/interconnect-
cables/cardas-audio/crosslink/prd_123775_5827crx.aspx]Cardas
Crosslink Reviews[/url]
Take a look into Transparent Audio. The super mm2 fits your budget new or you can try and find a used pair of Ultra mm2. I was using nordost red dawn before I switched to super mm2 and prefer the transparent by a wide margin .