New Speaker Cables for Merlin MME

Just purchased Merlin monitors and now my Analysis Plus Oval 9 cables (bananas) are near useless for them.

Suggestions please for spade end cables not stupidly priced. I run new version Sugden frontend, Audio Zone DAC with MAC ICs, Ridgestreet IC, AP PCs and VH Audio PC. Yeah, I know I could have the AP re-terminated. I do like the cable.

Thanks in advance.
celtic66
Bobby recommends Cardas GR, not cheap. I really like the Audience Au24's with the Merlins. Very thin, flexible and superb all around cable. I have not heard the e version. I had a pair and ended up "downgrading" based on a recommendation. I should have kept them. Actually I am going to get another pair.
I also have the Audience AU24 speaker cables with my Merlin VSM-MXe's and love them.
Besides the Audience, TG Audio silver work well. Also, Audio Note Lexus would be good.
Celtic66

Be very careful with silver cables and the Merlins. This is something you must audition first before committing. I have tried numerous silver cables although not the TG Audio and the results have been less than desirable in all but one instance, the Stereovox 600 interconnects. All others have created issues especially the upper frequencies. In all instances with silver I noted an increase in bass energy but the excess upper frequency energy became unlistenable in a short time.

This may be less an issue with the MME than the M but do be careful and also consult with Bobby prior to making a decision.
Tubegroover, you "may" be right about other silver - but here you are wrong about Tg. So since you have not listened to it, I am - just a Bobby would chime in about hearing his current versions of Merlins - going to ask you to just sit back on the TG - not the other brands (you did not list). I am not saying you are wrong in anyway about other silver cables, but you are wrong on the TG Audio. The TG is very similar to the Stereovox, just a little smoother, a little warmer maybe, and a huge stage. It beat up the Golden Ref here... being more coherent, more musical, better stage, way better prat... With the Merlin jumpers for me (on the VSM-MXe). With Joule 100 OTL/LA150 prior and current BC3.1/BC206 now.

If the Audience is too weak in the bass, and thin in the midbass for any one listener... the TG is very similar, just more full, more dynamic, better stage, PRaT, and really coherent. The Merlins just disappear!! The Audience may be a bit more forward (for some a good thing), and have a bit more "air" - but yet less hall info. The TG is really good at hall info...

Not jumping on ya tubey, just asking you to speak to cables you've heard is all :) I also like the Stereovox!! Good stuff!

Thanks Monk!

Please don't construe my comments to mean that the TG audio silver or all other silver will not work but to be careful with silver cables in general with this design. I certainly don't want anyone to read into it anything more than that, audition carefully before committing and if in doubt, call the best resource available, Bobby P. Thanks for clarifying about the TG cables, you have me curious!
Celtic66,

You can do a search on this topic and find many many opinions. I believe that Bobby voices his speakers using Cardas GR or Clear.

I too have the MMe. I own Cardas GR (both bi-wire and single) speaker and IC, TG audio silver speaker, Audience AU24E speaker and Audience AU24 ICs, Ridge Street Poiema ICs, Cardas Neutral Reference Speaker and one pair of Silent Source ICs.

Depending on my room configuration my favorite is the Cardas GR IC and single wire speaker cable. I do like my new AU24E speaker cables, largely because they're so easy to work with, but because they're new I'm getting a little too much glare in the highs. Bobby's MMe are so resolving that "to my ears" the TGs and currently the AU24E are slightly too bright. The Cardas Neutral Reference Speaker is the best at resolving bright highs (more warm and a rich midrange), but is a little flat or lifeless compared to the GRs and AU24E. What I like about the Poiema and Silent Source are the IC's flexibility. It would be interesting to hear what a complete Silent Source cables solution would sound like, but that would be very expensive.

As noted in the history of previous Audiogon threads I don't listen to much bass that dips below 40kHz so admittedly I'm not your expert for quaking bass notes.

Talk to John Pharo at "The Cable Company". He is a great guy with a wealth of knowledge.

If you're interested in TG audio silver single (with TG jumpers) or Cardas Golden Reference bi-wire speaker cables send me email. Once I get the time I'm going to be selling several of my speaker cables and components. I'm just too busy at the moment.
Pedrillo,

There are now at least three active threads now on this subject. I suggest you take a look at the others. The answer to your question, though, is "yes".
I've found that MIT AVT 1 series cables are out of this world great!! Check the reviews and call Joe at Equus Audio for a trial.