Krell cast MMF versus others

Hi All,

It's been a while now since Krell introduced the new MMF version of the Cast. Im sure someone here must had tried them against standard Krell Cast original, silver thinner version, Transparent etc. What are your views????

Im currently using the Transparent Cast and would like to know which is better.

Thanks in advance.
flashunlock
Flash, Look for your answer in the Krell listings. The original CAST cable was simply Mogami mic cable. New MMF unfortunately has the Nordost sound. Stay where you are unless you really want to see (hear) what CAST can do. The Transparent sounds as good as an I-C at twice the price, say 2000 for the first meter. It took Transparent a while to make the tiny Lemo connection reliable, all good now. I would not hesitate to use Transparent for an MRS application. The Bass is better than the other lower priced competition.
Thanks Zieman,

Love to try the Tara but it's just a bit out of my price range at the moment. My Transparent is 7m pair...way too long for my applicaton but think they work OK.

Cheers.
Anyone else can input how the new Nordost MMF cast sounds??? I will also try at a later date to replace the cast with a top shelf XLR interconnect to see the differences.
Thanks.
I run the Silver smaller ones and love them. I tried the Transparent CAST cables and found them a bit bloated. I run the Martin Logan CLS, with a KPS 25sc and Fpb 300c. I liked the cast Transparent better than XLR. However; the silver really tightens up things. The MMF are supposed to be the top line. However; I remember Krell saying it didn't matter what you ran as CAST was not as picky.
Thanks Cap..

Yes, it does sound like Krell had changed their tune regarding cast cabling.....I wonder if it is just another profitable move????

However, very interesting in your findings on the silver version. I never liked the sound of all Nordost cables including valhalla's in my system so I guess I may not like the MMF Cast.

thanks
Zieman,
What is your take on Mogami cable? I use some from my CA CDP to integrated. I simply can't afford/rationalize megabuck experiments with cabling.
Mag, Unfortunately I think you have answered your own question. Mogami is big in the pro world, primarily because it is inexpensive. However you can read about studios and lots of musicians or bands who have discovered the difference quality cabling can bring.
I use nordost cast cables aswell as odin speaker cables xlr and power supplys..i also use a nordost odin power unit with valhalla wiring(gets rid of a faint hiss with my sm1s)..for me it's nordost everytime!
I use nordost cast cables aswell as odin speaker cables xlr and power supplys..i also use a nordost thor power unit with valhalla wiring(gets rid of a faint hiss with my sm1s)..for me it's nordost everytime!
Hi,Tara Labs made a cast I/C,not sure if they do eanymore,they will make you one up on request,you will get a good balanced sound,instead of analitical of the treble that some cast cables do.cheers!
Hi ourmartin, everybody likes something different,what do you have for a system with this cable?because most people think nordost thru out sounds dead and analitical!,I like nordost, thou I own Taralabs cables,All The Best they make!,Nordost is a good cable that is system dependent like everything else,The odin is awsome!,netherless its not the perfect cable!,I do not believe there is a perfect cable out there!On my particular system,nothing can rival Tara!,tried all of what you have,your system is diferent,I am happy to here you are satiesfied with your sound! ,Thats what counts!Happy Listening!