AudiogoN
Search Buy Sell Learn MyPage
 Learn > Forums > Cables > 1171895489  Start New Thread | Log In | Bookmark This
  Synergistic New Tesla Line...Any comments?
I just bought Synergistic Research's new Tesla Accelerator speaker cables and Tesla Vortec interconnects from The Cable Company. I have tried many demo cables from The Cable Company over the past year. These were the first to give me that WOW factor I been looking for so long.

Does anyone have these cables and can you please post your impressions and comments? Thanks.
Joeyboynj  (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

02-19-07
  Responses (201-250 of 1610)
Click title to read one, or click date to read all below it.

03-19-08   Has anyone compared a t3 to a precision reference pc on a ...   Jcbbytes

03-19-08   Foster 9, i had the same experience with a t3 on each of my ...   Splaskin

03-19-08   Well i talked to the cable company and synergistic. both sai ...   Ozzy

03-19-08   what does "done" mean...the active circuitry does ...   Tvad

03-19-08   Ozzy, sorry i have not been available lately-i've been seque ...   Ted_d

03-19-08   Tvad, "done" means the active shield will no longe ...   Joeyboynj

03-19-08   Ted, thank you for the posting. pardon my little soapbox.. ...   Ozzy

03-19-08   I contacted synergistic research twice asking for a dealer r ...   Tvad

03-20-08   Let me get this straight. if the light is out the active shi ...   Freemand

03-20-08   I have been to synergistic and have known one of their golde ...   Chrisla

03-20-08   if some are claiming the active shielding works best when o ...   Leica_man

03-20-08   Leica man, if i where to leave my active shielding on a week ...   Freemand

03-20-08   Freemand, you turn your processor off? wow! i leave my entir ...   Leica_man

03-20-08   Freemand, i leave my active shields on all the time. my sys ...   Joeyboynj

03-20-08   Ok someone has to state this. wow, lets see...75,000 hours ...   Ozzy

03-20-08   Ozzy, i thought the same thing. in fact, i took one cable an ...   Freemand

03-22-08   Told you so a year ago: (t.a.s) cable of the year -- synergi ...   Scottyw

03-22-08   Freemand, i think an earlier post said 3 days they sound goo ...   Ozzy

03-23-08   A lot has been written regarding break in for tesla. persona ...   Leica_man

03-23-08   How would you descibe the attributes of the hologram d power ...   Ozzy

03-23-08   Huge sound field but you'll need other tesla power cords dow ...   Leica_man

03-23-08   I dont see anythng listed on the synergistic web site about ...   Ozzy

03-23-08   Really? : ) go to their cable section then click on "p ...   Leica_man

03-23-08   Thought i'd add to the discussion as i just took delivery of ...   Rhirsch

03-23-08: Ozzy
Leica man, there is nothing under Hologram D. It says, "under construction". Been that way for a long time. I went ahead and ordered the power cable anyway based on the great sound I am getting from my system with the Tesla Apex interconnect .
Ozzy  (System | Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

03-23-08: Leica_man
Ozzy,
Taken directly from the SR website- enjoy:

Combining Precision AC and Hologram Power Cords in SOTA Systems

Our lead designer Ted Denney on design considerations that went into voicing the Hologram and Precision Series power cords.

"I designed the Hologram A and Precision AC cords as counterparts to my Hologram D. Used together they form a flexible power cord system that will complement a wide variety of components and acoustics. The Hologram D is a no compromise power cord for digital sources that presents resolution and ambient retrieval with a natural non-fatiguing analog sound and as such is the corner stone to my ultra high end power cord system.

Like many of my fellow audiophiles, I love the sound of analog playback and strive for the resolution and holographic presence I get from top-flight turntables, tonearms, and cartridges, when listening to digital playback. Sadly, most digital front ends are compromised by power cords and digital cables that sound either overly warm and hence veiled and spatially compressed, or thin and clinical lacking harmonic texture and presence.

I designed my Hologram D to enable digital sources to present detail in an enormous sound field that is liquid with abundant texture and layering. The Hologram D excels in illuminating the boundaries of a sound field by allowing a recording's natural air and layering to come shining through in a decidedly non-digital way.

To create balance between my different power cords start with Hologram A or T3 on your preamplifier, with Hologram D on your digital components. Lastly, compare Hologram A to Precision AC on your amplifier. While Precision AC is engineered and voiced to excel in pin-point imaging, Hologram A is engineered and voiced to combine pin-point imaging with harmonic richness and fluid illumination of a sound fields boundaries. The final choice between Precision AC and Hologram A on your amplifier will depend on your components, listening room, and personal taste, and when you make this decision a system wide synergy is created."

http://www.synergisticresearch.com/page/cables/power_cords/comining_precision_ac_and_hologram_power_cords_in_sota_systems

Leica_man  (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

03-23-08: Yo2tup
How much does the Tesla PowerCell 10 and 6 cost?
Yo2tup  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

03-24-08: Ozzy
Leica man, thanks for the help.
How would you descibe the frequency extremes with the Hologram D ?
I ask this because many cable designers control digital nasties by suppressing the upper frequencies.

03-24-08: Rhirsch
Yo2tup... believe it would be best to give SR a call re. pricing, especially for the package deal.
Rhirsch  (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

03-24-08: Rhirsch
Ozzy...

My experience with the Hologram D has been that the frequency extremes are handled in a way that gives one the feeling that your amp has unlimited headroom... top and bottom. Every cord prior to this had some region that tended to be emphasized over the others... and most often, as you suggested, suppressing the upper frequencies.

A slight emphasis on mid-bass was something I thought was brought on by my room, but it turned out to be the previous cord to the cdp. The Hologram D provides a more balanced, top to bottom response... and completely free of grain with the typical Tesla dead quiet background.

Another thing that impresses me is the amount of detail and nuance that can be heard at the frequency extremes. Somehow the cord does this without overly sharpening the focus. If the top end in your system is sweet, then it stays that way, but with much more information. No digital glare, no digital fatigue.

Don't mean to butt in, I'm just very enthusiastic about having discovered the Tesla line. I'm in all the way.

03-24-08: Ozzy
Rhirsch, Thank you for that info, just what I was looking for.

03-24-08: Splaskin
I totally agree with our friend Rhirsch concerning the Hologram D. It is a wonderful cable for CDP or DAC units.
Splaskin  (Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

03-26-08: Joeyboynj
Rhirsch, I did not know the Tesla Powercell was available yet. I have not been able to find any information on it.

Ozzy, please let us know how you like the Hologram D. I have one on order myself.

Has anyone got the Enigma yet???

Joeyboynj  (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

03-28-08: Ozzy
Recieved my Hologram D power cord today.

03-28-08: Tvad
woo-hoo
Tvad  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

03-28-08: Fplanner2000
Pulled the trigger last week on SR Tesla cables to replace my VD cables. Installed into system (except speaker cables) this afternoon and by this evening my system is sounding better, by a large margin, than it ever has. A neighbor who knows my system well came over to hear this change and was speechless at the new level of musicality. After only a few hours, I am getting much better imaging, transparency, layering and musicality than before and these cables are nowhere near broken in. I continue to be impressed and I'm sure when the speaker cables arrive, hopefully next week, my system will continue to improve. Its really neat to finally be able to hear the music the way it was intended to be heard.
Fplanner2000  (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

03-29-08: Tboooe
fplanner2000,just out of curiosity, which VD cables did you have previously?
Tboooe  (System | Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

03-29-08: Ozzy
My early posting should have included that the Hologram D went straight to my Audiodharma Cable Cooker.
Since Synergistic uses such an intense method of conditioning ( Quatum tunneling), is Cable Cooking the Tesla cables even nessesary ?

03-29-08: Rhirsch
I believe that upon request SRC will further condition power cords using a Cable Cooker prior to shipping.

Mine had no prior conditioning... I threw it into the system and listened to it getting better everyday. AND I must say it was very good after the first 2-3 hours of playing music.

After coming off the Cable Cooker, give it a couple of days to settle-in.

03-29-08: Joeyboynj
Synergistic does burn in all my cables upon request for 4 days prior to shipping on their cable cooker. This is in addition to Quantum tunneling. I also let them burn in for a few days to settle in on the component.

03-29-08: Tvad
Quantum tunnelng, plus burn-in. Yikes.

03-29-08: Rhirsch
Hey Grant... what's with the Clark Johnsen wannabe schtick?

what's with the Clark Johnsen wannabe schtick?
Rhirsch (System | Threads | Answers)
Who is Clark Johnsen?

03-29-08: Leica_man
Who is Clark Johnsen?
Tvad (Threads | Answers)

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue1/cjwoodeffect.htm

Leica_man  (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

www.positive-feedback
Leica_man (System | Threads | Answers)
Thanks. Just read it. I didn't see any schtick...so, no I am not a Clark Johnsen wanna-be.

03-29-08: Sherod
Is this the same Clark Johnsen who posts regularly on the Water Cooler at Audio Asylum?
Sherod  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

03-31-08: Joeyboynj
The last few posts do not make sense, lets get back on topic here.

Tboooe had a question for Fplanner2000 that I'm also curious of the answer.

Ozzy, have you installed the Hologram D yet? Let us know.
Thanks.

03-31-08: Rydenfan
I will be ordering a T3 today for my McCormack DNA-500 Amp. I have Tesla Accelerator Bi-Wire Speaker Cables. I am looking forward to seeing what the T3 will add. Any thoughts?
Rydenfan  (Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

03-31-08: Tvad
Any thoughts?
Rydenfan
You will surely hear something different, and you will likely order more.

The crystal ball is now cloudy...

03-31-08: Foster_9
Rydenfan, my experience auditioning a T3 was mixed. Initially I tried it on my Blue Circle BMPH integrated. After a very extended settling in period where I liked it a lot, then didn't like it as much, I tried it on my PS Premier where a similar experience occurred. Ultimately, I ended up sending it back to the dealer without purchasing.
With the T3 connected to the Premier, my system became very fatiguing to the point of painful. This is how I know there was no synergy in that config. As soon as I removed the T3 from the Premier and replaced it with a different cord, the fatigue was gone. I must say that I never experienced that level of fatigue before. The performance of the T3 will be system and component dependent like most cables, but I'm sure for some it will be a nice addition, just not in my setup.

Foster_9  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

< Prev 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 >> Next >

Post your response
Subject

Your response

No html, but you may use markup tags

Username
Members only

Password