Synergistic New Tesla Line...Any comments?

I just bought Synergistic Research's new Tesla Accelerator speaker cables and Tesla Vortec interconnects from The Cable Company. I have tried many demo cables from The Cable Company over the past year. These were the first to give me that WOW factor I been looking for so long.

Does anyone have these cables and can you please post your impressions and comments? Thanks.
joeyboynj
Joe, I'm auditioning the Accelerator speaker cables right now and really like them. I am using Acoustic Zen Silver Ref MkII from cdp to pre and Matrix Ref MkII from pre to amp. The SR speaker cables blended in really good with the AZ interconnects. I am actually thinking of trying a pair of Accelerator interconnects in place of AZ Matrix. But they are pricey. If I order the speaker cables, I may try the ICs later, even though the chances that I will buy the ICs are remote.
In any case, I think the Accelerator speaker cables are excellent for the price.
I posted the paragraphs below a couple of weeks ago on another thread about the new Tesla cables, but the whole thread went away for some reason. I'll post again if it's OK with the moderator:

I have gone through two upgrades to my two pairs of (formerly) Designers’ Reference interconnects: first from X to X2, and now to Tesla Apex.

First of all, it’s great to be able to upgrade at the factory, and not have to worry about selling the old and buying new. I’ve had the cables back in my system for close to two weeks, and I’m very pleased.

Synergistic interconnects have always had a warm sound that I appreciate. The Tesla cables retain the characteristic warmth, but add a level of detail that is ear-opening. Wait until you hear cymbals with these: the strike of the drumstick or brush, the actual “tone” of the cymbal, and the decay. Great stuff! And all of this is done without adding any brightness or “hyper-detailed” sound that some cables – especially silver – exhibit.

I have always thought that Synergistic interconnects had the best bass of any that I’ve heard, but the Teslas have a tighter bass with more impact than Designers’ Reference. And imaging seems to be improved as well.

Yes, it’s only been two weeks, but I haven’t yet found anything about these cables that I don’t like. They are clearly better than the already excellent Designers’ Reference, which I chose after listening to a number of other top-of-the-line brands. I have no connection to Synergistic Research – just a satisfied customer!
Just starting to read and learn about these new cables from Synergistic Research...

Does the Tesla Line require the use of SR MASTER CONTROL CENTER?
The Quattro is the latest power center for the Synergistic cables and no, it’s not required. You still get great performance with just plugging the active shielding into a power strip. Just make sure you get a power strip with the ground pins that run along the sides so you can fit multiple MPC's.
Belkin Surge Master from Home Depot has five perfectly spaced, upright, plugs for the Synergistic transformer plugs. Very nice green metal case with on/off switch. No kidding, it's perfect.
Joeyboynj,
I use a combination of Designer Ref and Resolution Ref X2s and have been very happy with them. Previously I had used Nordost Valhalla, which I found airy but slightly lean.

Where can I get information on the Telsa line (SR Telsa website is under construction), what does it cost to upgrade at the factory to the equivilent Telsa version? What changes do they make?

I assume you can use the Quattro with the Telsa line, do they have a new power center for them?

Thanks for the info.

Rb99
anybody knows the Tesla line-up? from bottom to top, where does the Acclerator line stand?
Spoke with SR today - the Telsa website should be up next week. The price for the 1 meter Apex (top of the line)ic is $3400, $4000 for the two meter. The performance of these cables exceed the old Absolute Ref which cost $4750 for the 1 meter.

Even the next in to the top of line Precision Reference's performance exceeds the old AR according to my dealer and is less then half the cost, $2200 for the 1 meter ics and $2800 for the PR spker cables!

If the performance claims are true these will be a huge hit and a run away seller.

It'll be interesting to hear the reviews. The Absolute Sound Editor Jon Valin has given the old AR cable a steller review, better then the Valhallas and just a notch below the incredible Tara Ones'. Stereo Review has always given the SR cables high ratings.
Rb99,
This is information I found on the net and from talking to The
Cable Company. Also, if you call Synergistic directly they will
provide more information.

I assume yes you can use the Tesla line with the Quattro. My
new Tesla cables have the same connecters as the older X2 line.
I heard they are updating their entire line so I am going to
wait and see if they replace the Quattro.

I was able to get this information via the net about the product
line from bottom to top:

Tesla Alpha Sterling
Tesla 4X4
Tesla Vortex
Tesla Accelerator
Tesla Acoustic Reference
Tesla Precision Reference
Tesla Apex
Joe, thanks for the line-up. So the accelerator is right in the middle. Surprisingly, the Accelerator ICs are really expensive. Something like $1200/m XLR version.
I'm on their website right now- the new Tesla website is up! Man oh man do they have some crazy stuff- "Quantum Tunneling?"
well, that "new way of bi-wiring" looks like a jumper to me. Although when I spoke with SR they said the leads are frequency tuned.
I don't know......I was thinking of getting this "bi-wire" version of Accelerator sp cables before I saw it, but now I think it is probably the same as using the jumpers that came with my speakers, given the fact that these leads on the SR cable are so short, they may have minimal to no effect vs the stock jumpers.
"By applying a two million volt signal to a cable at a specific pulse modulation and ultra high frequency for an exact duration of time we transform the entire cable at a molecular level through a phenomenon called Quantum Tunneling."

Now that's what I'd call a cable burner!
It seems they have developed an "Electromagnetic Lens"

A quote from their designer Ted Denney on the site-

"After a long trial and error process in developing an electromagnetic lens geometry we arrived at what would become the TESLA Tricon in the summer of 2006. I remember in vivid detail that afternoon when I first connected two interconnects comprised of two TESLA Tricon geometries in parallel, (now the Precision Reference) and listened to a recording I've been using since the 1995. Fifteen seconds into the first track I shot up and ran from my listening chair to find Eliott (my co-developer in the TESLA Series). I could not believe my ears and wanted to find out if something had been changed in our system that I was not aware of, (we love to tweak our system and I needed to know if he had changed something). What I heard was unbelievable! The sound stage had moved out so far past the boundaries of our listening room that I suspected a major change had been made to our listening rooms acoustics. Furthermore, I was hearing subtle and not so subtle details and frequency extension from bottom to top that I've never before heard from this recording. The truly amazing thing was that this detail and signal speed was presented in a way that was also much more musical then it had been before. By comparison the sound we had been making was grainy, opaque, spatially compressed and slow with ill-defined bass. Now the sound was HUGE with amazing air that seemed to decay into infinity. The sound had a transparent "see through" quality and was absolutely effortless and grain free. The sound stage had also moved back several feet except when instruments were recorded front and center and these were presented further forward then before. I was beginning to realize that every cable I or anyone else had ever developed was spatially compressed- vertically, laterally, and horizontally. I was also hearing images in a near 360-degree sound field that "wrapped" around my listening chair. Before the Tricon we had hints of this envelopment but never to such an extent. Lastly low frequencies, (a long time virtue of Synergistic Research cables) were now tighter and went deeper with amazing power and control. This was major improvement in an area that I did not think could be improved upon. "
Rb99,
I don't bealive "Stereo Review" has ever reviewed cables "when" they were in publication (long since dead and buried). That they would review an esoteric manufacturer like SR seems a pipe dream IMO.
"Electromagnetic Lens Technology"

Here's a quote from the lead designer over at SR Mr. Ted Denney III from the new website:

"After a long trial and error process in developing an electromagnetic lens geometry we arrived at what would become the TESLA Tricon in the summer of 2006. I remember in vivid detail that afternoon when I first connected two interconnects comprised of two TESLA Tricon geometries in parallel, (now the Precision Reference) and listened to a recording I've been using since the 1995. Fifteen seconds into the first track I shot up and ran from my listening chair to find Eliott (my co-developer in the TESLA Series). I could not believe my ears and wanted to find out if something had been changed in our system that I was not aware of, (we love to tweak our system and I needed to know if he had changed something). What I heard was unbelievable! The sound stage had moved out so far past the boundaries of our listening room that I suspected a major change had been made to our listening rooms acoustics. Furthermore, I was hearing subtle and not so subtle details and frequency extension from bottom to top that I've never before heard from this recording. The truly amazing thing was that this detail and signal speed was presented in a way that was also much more musical then it had been before. By comparison the sound we had been making was grainy, opaque, spatially compressed and slow with ill-defined bass. Now the sound was HUGE with amazing air that seemed to decay into infinity. The sound had a transparent "see through" quality and was absolutely effortless and grain free. The sound stage had also moved back several feet except when instruments were recorded front and center and these were presented further forward then before. I was beginning to realize that every cable I or anyone else had ever developed was spatially compressed- vertically, laterally, and horizontally. I was also hearing images in a near 360-degree sound field that "wrapped" around my listening chair. Before the Tricon we had hints of this envelopment but never to such an extent. Lastly low frequencies, (a long time virtue of Synergistic Research cables) were now tighter and went deeper with amazing power and control. This was major improvement in an area that I did not think could be improved upon."
Leica_man: "I don't bealive "Stereo Review" has ever reviewed cables "when" they were in publication"

You are right I meant Stereophile - wow I am really dating myself with that reference.

I stand corrected.

I don't put alot of weight on those reviews - but they can create a buzz. To be fair I did get the orginal idea of trying the SRs after reading about them there...and my Dynavector XV1S from Absolute Sound (outstanding cart).

Have any of the Webzines reviewed the Teslas yet?
OK -- here's my two cents: I actually really value most Stereophile & TAS reviews. And if my memory serves me well, Synergistic has always gotten great reviews. I read the news from CES and decided to try some Telsa Accelerator IC's in my system. WOW....hands down, they smoke....absolutely smoke the following (which I've been audition for the past 9 mo's or so): AQ DBS's, Harmonic Tech's, MIT (Shotgun & Oracle V2.1's). I'm listening to them as I write this...they are SICK. I'm now trying to scrape together the dough to get the Tesla Speaker cables. Reply if anyone wants to know how they sound.
Scotty,
How do tell did you get to "audition" AQ cables for such an extended period of time?
Scottyw - thanks for the review.

Just sent in my Designer Ref X2 ics and Spker cables to be upgraded to Apex. It'll take a couple of weeks - I will post the results. The upgrade for the ics is a $1000 for a 1 meter pr. The speaker cable upgrade are priced according to length - around $2000.

What other cable company honors their customers like these guys?

Spoke with Ted Denney - great guy! The new break-in process really makes a difference. Crazy stuff - they send a 2 million volt LIGHTNING STRIKE into the cable, which is ground to a copper pole sunk 6 feet deep into the ground!

Their website had 4,000 hits over the weekend, crashing it for a while.

He has demo'd these cables against everything out there, they beat the pants off everything he has heard. The old Absolute Ref are not even close.
Rb99: Not a problem. Synergistics' Customer Service from my experiences are second to none -- those guys are great. They just seem to want folks to be happy with their products and they bend over backwards to accomodate. It's refreshing to do business with a company like that.
Leica_man: Sorry if my comments were confusing; let me explain: I've owned numerous MIT's for the past 5 years or so....only made sense to stay w/ a line I was familar with with my new Pass Labs' gear. Problem is that their cables are so expensive these days that I decided to try some less expensive (Harmonic tech'). HT's are Ok for the money. Fast forward; I was at my local dealer about 6 weeks ago (his sales technique is to send stuff home with the hopes it never comes back)! Off I went w/ two pairs of AQ Cheetah's. Nice cables. Never being content, I read about the Teslas at CES and my take was that they were all the buzz there. So I got my hands on some to see what all the hubub was about. Took a day or so to settle in and woooow. I remember thinking how come I've never checked out any SR's before?? Anyways, these cables are really silly good. IMO, absolutely crush all the cables listed above...and priced right with AQ, MIT, etc. I've never heard cables do so much right -- frickin' awesome.
I talked to Eliott and Ted at Synergistic on Friday about returning my Tesla Accelerators speaker cables for their free Quantum Tunneling conditioning treatment. Also, Ted recommended and suggested he would also burn in the cables for me after the treatment. I will let everyone know my impressions after I ge them back. It should be interesting. I'm also getting Tesla Accelerator XLR I/C soon with QT already applied. The Cable Company said they would burn them in for me beofre they send them to me. More on this soon.
I'm interested to see if these IC's made as profound a difference in your system as they did mine. I'm really sold on their cable technology....for me the proof is in the pudding -- my system has never sounded better.
Audphile1:

I also have the Accelerator speaker cables in my system right now and I agree with your assessment; excellent cables for the money (actually a bargain -- based on what I'm hearing!). I would also add the following comments; I've always heard the term "layers".... but have never REALLY experienced what these actually were until I inserted these cables. Wow...layers, layers, layers! Secondly, These cables have such an expansive soundstage that the overall presentation reminds me more of my floor to ceiling electrostats versus dynamic drivers 48" off the ground! Thirdly, speed -- very fast and precise. Finally, did I mention airy? For me and my Pass Labs gear, these cables are the real deal -- and I've heard a lot of cables.
Scottyw, agreed. Excellent cables. However, I ordered a PAD Anniversary Aqueous bi-wire instead. In comparison, the PAD does for me a bit more than the Tesla Accelerators, plus the other thing that influenced me to go with PAD instead is the way SR bi-wires....it is a simple jumper. They say it is frequency tuned and all, but still, for my speakers I prefer true bi-wire. But I have no bad things at all to say about the SR Accelerator cables. I think this speaker cable is a really good value for the money.
Audiophile1- I read your posts regarding reservations for SR's new bi-wire solution and it seems you don't like the "thought" of it? Have you read their technical explanation regarding their design decision on their web site? It seems to me based on my listening tests, that SR's new approach is indeed a higher performance way to go. I compared the SR cables to Valhalla (in my system prior to Tesla) and PAD through The Cable Company. In my system the SR Precision Reference was the clear winner against far more expensive speaker cables.
Leica, Precision Reference? That is an expensive cable. I haven't considered it.

It's not like I don't like the thought of the bi-wiring with the "jumper", I still like the sound of the PAD Anniversary Aqueous speaker cables better in my system. They are a bit more dynamic than the Accelerator speaker cables and are just as detailed and transparent and natural sounding. It's just that these are a better fit for my listening tastes and my current set up. Again, I have no bad things to say about Tesla Accelerators. they are fine cables and I am sure they work very well in many systems.
Audiophile,
That is so weird! In my system the PAD cables were slow and syrupy with far less air and inner detail when compared to the Synergistic Tesla cables. Also the low frequencies were not as well defined nor as tight or as fast as they were with the Accelerators or Precision Reference- and we auditioned the EXACT SAME speaker cables!!!

I guess it just goes to show you- cables are system dependent.
Leica_Man, were you auditioning the PAD Anniversary Aqueous? Bi-wire or single?

And yes, the cables are very system-dependent. That is why auditioning in your own rig is a must!
I'm about to buy some new ICs and speaker wire. After a lot of research I've narrowed down my selection to either the Synergistic Research Tesla Accelerators or Purist Audio Aqueous line. From what I hear, they are pretty similar.

I need a neutral and very resolving cable for my Apogee ribbons, Classe CAP-150 Amp, Mod Squad Deluxe Line Drive - Phono Drive, Creek Classic CDP and VPI Scout/Benz Glider system.

I am coming to the conclusion that either would work well. I guess I need to go to the Cable Company to make sure which is better suited for my tastes.
Geo, you MUST audition these cables before you buy.
The key to auditioning is not to jump to conclusions too soon. Cable Company gives you about 2 weeks. Take your time and don't rush. Both the cables you mentioned are absolutely great. It is just a matter of prefference and system synergy. Note on Purist: they will take some time to stabilize after you uncoil them. Give them at least about 5 hours of playing time before you sit down to evaluate. And they will get better once they settle with more time. Same thing with any cables basically, but with PAD Aqueous it seems to be a longer process, most likely because of the type of shielding.
Good luck!
Audiophile,
"were you auditioning the PAD Anniversary Aqueous? Bi-wire or single?"

I was auditioning the PAD Anniversary Aqueous Bi-Wire and preferred the Synergistic Research Tesla Bi-Wire speaker cables. The $1200 Accelerators were exceptional in my system as were the $1800 PAD speaker cables however. The PAD cables (and I've auditioned more expensive and less expensive models) have a house sound I like, warm and detailed but again warm and somewhat colored in that direction for my taste and system. I was a Synergistic Research Designers Reference user (speaker wire and interconnect) that made the switch to Nordost Valhalla not because I did not like the old SR cables warmth and layering but because I wanted Nordost's speed, transparency and inner detail. Of course after awhile I missed the SR cables warmth and layering so I gave the Tesla interconnects and speaker cable a try. The Accelerator interconnects and Precision Reference speaker cable combo are the first cables that have given me all the speed, transparency and detail of my old Nordost cables (and then some) with the warmth and layering of my old Designers Reference while being wonderfully musical and "grain free." These cables in my system and with my electronics sound utterly natural, musical, and holographic (the sound stage is ENORMOUS ;) I've auditioned a lot of cables and spent a lot of money on cables over the years and these do it for me.

PS. The Cable Co is perfect for just such experiments.
Leica_man, just like you said, it is system dependent. Which is not surprising.
I liked Aqueous in my system better.
I'm supposed to get my order this week. Will have to break them in, but Cable Co is doing a pre-burn right now, which should at least help a bit.

Although I am enjoying the loaner set of SR Tesla Accelerators in the mean time, I have no regrets about ordering PAD cable.
Leica_man, if you don't mind me asking, what are the components (pre, source, amp, speakers) in your system that are mated to the SRs?
My system:
All electronics are T + A. If you've never heard of this German company then you should definitely give them a listen. World-class state-of-the-art performance at middle of the road prices. A real giant slayer. Does not sound like solid state or tubes- music and the sound stage is huge (with the right cables).

Amplifier:
A 1530 170 watt stereo amp.

Pre-Amplifier:
P 1230 R remote control

Digital:
CD 1240 R- an amazing piece.

Speakers:
Wilson Watt Puppies 5.1 and Von Schweikert VR 4's. (I like both speakers and when I get tired of one sound I plug in the other pair and presto- a new system to play with : ) I also like SR's new bi-wire solution as it allows me to use both speakers to full effect (single and bi-wire)
Geo:

I agree with Audphile1....you MUST audition the Synergistic Tesla's. Like I've been saying...most profound and delightful find I've ever encountered in the world of cables.
So how are you liking your new SR cables? Pretty amazing stuff : ) "this message was meant to be a private message to Scotty W (perhaps the Mods will delete this message and the prior message without this not attached!!! Ooops!"
Hi anybody has any idea abt the prices of the Tesla line? Dont seems to be able to find any link to it. tq
Type in synergistic research tesla accelerator cables + prices, then look for the fatwyre or cable company link. Click on it and it will take you to comments on and a listing of prices for the entire line.
Opus88, as simple as that and I didnt realize it. Has been to fatwyre.com pricing link but not listed. Its listing in fatwyre cable news. TQ
Installed the Tesla Apex ICs and Speaker cables today. I had been running DR X2 and RR X2 prior to the upgrade. The factory had burned in the cables for 72 hours before shipping them out. After letting them settle in for a few days I will write a more detailed review.

But here are my first impressions: Natural, organic, incredible detail (a tough combination to get in one cable), and the best attribute is the superbly realistic micro dynamics. This adds to an uncanny sense of realism, unlike any thing I've heard before. I previously had a complete complement of Vahallas prior to moving to the X2s (after going through many brands). The two cables had remarkable similarities, both being fast with a nice airiness, although the Valhallas excelled in transparency, I loved the midrange substance and mid-bass relative richness of the SRs.

The Tesla Apexs are in a completely different league, the naturalness and easiness are the best I had heard (this is right out of the box!), but with detail and lifelike dynamics. Until now I thought it would be impossible to get a cable that does both well. A wide and deep soundstage, but most impressive the bloominess of the voices and instruments. Combine this with the incredible speed and micro dynamic snap and shading, they produce the most holographic and realistic images and effect I have yet experienced.

More to come after a few days listening - highly recommended!!!!

System:

Talon Firebirds
Response Audio moded ASL Hurricanes (NOS tubed)
Conrad Johnson Act 2
Exemplar 5910 balanced
VPI Super Scoutmaster Signature/Dyna XV-1s
Valhalla PC and Thor conditioner, Richard Grays on the ASLs
Hi, I am a bit confused. Is the Quantum Tunneling treatment optional or included with all of the Tesla products?
Scottw, just wondering what Pass LAbs gear you have? I have the XA160 amps and I love them.
When I took delivery of my Tesla Accelerator interconnects and Precision Reference speaker wires they did not have Quantum Tunneling. I called Synergistic Research after the fact and found out that the process was not finalized until February and sent my cables back to be treated for free (I paid shipping)- WOW X 1000!!!

I had thought these cables were as good as they could get and I was dead WRONG. The sound stage became cavernous- HUGE, HOLOGRAPHIC and it was already the best I had heard until I sent them in. Detail also improved as did air and low frequency slam. Amazing is the only thing I can say. From my talk with Ted at SR all cables Accelerator through Apex are treated as standard and they can also burn in the cables at no extra charge when you order them from your dealer if you're willing to wait. A great service from a great company with the worlds best cables IMO.
Quantum Tunneling is free and is applied to Tesla Accelerator up to Tesla Apex before shipment. It is not used on Tesla Vortex and below models unless you ask. Synergistic said there is a small fee for below Vortex.
I am going to give the Acoustic Ref and Accelerator products a try from the Cable Co. Has any tried these two cable series? Is there that much of a difference?
Tboooe, by all accounts, the difference is very substantial, favoring the newer, cheaper Tesla over the older, more expensive series. The owner of SR states as much.

I ordered my first pair of Tesla Accelerator ICs a week ago. I'm patiently waiting for them (and to order the balance of the full complement that my system needs), since good cables are about all I need to finish off my system.
geojop, thanks for the reply but i was referring to the acoustic Ref which is part of the Tesla line and the accerlerator.