AudiogoN
Search Buy Sell Learn MyPage
 Learn > Forums > Analog > 1135032163  Start New Thread | Log In | Bookmark This

Audioquest pt-6 tonearm?
I am looking to upgrade from this arm the "Audioquest pt-6" in the near future. I was just wondering what arm would fit right into it's receptacle, without me having to do any drilling or arm board change? You know just a drop in arm using the same hole without any fuss. Thank you all for any response to this question.
PS using an Vpi Hw-19 TT.
Schipo  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

12-19-05
  Responses (1-7 of 7)
Click title to read one, or click date to read all below it.

12-19-05   it is known in the industry as a linn type mounting. distan ...   Hifiharv

12-19-05: Davt
That is a pretty good tonearm really. If your having difficulties with it there is a PT6 for sale here on audiogon. You might also consider the newer PT9 from audioquest. If your looking to upgrade the quality have you upgraded your cables yet? That would make a huge sonic improvement with your current arm and table. As to your original question, I don't know what else will fit the same mount. Sorry.
Davt  (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

12-19-05: Davt
That is a pretty good tonearm really. If your having difficulties with it there is a PT6 for sale here on audiogon. You might also consider the newer PT9 from audioquest. If your looking to upgrade the quality have you upgraded your cables yet? That would make a huge sonic improvement with your current arm and table. As to your original question, I don't know what else will fit the same mount. Sorry.
Davt  (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

12-20-05   No problems with the pt-6 arm, working fine. i would just li ...   Schipo

12-20-05   Write 4yanx he has used this arm on a diy table(lenco) and m ...   Colitas

12-21-05   You might want to add heavyweight counterweight. it improves ...   Ilkwon88

12-22-05   I had a pt6 for some time. change out the cable before you g ...   Ptmconsulting

Post your response
Subject

Your response

No html, but you may use markup tags

Username
Members only

Password