Should I retire my Harmon/Kardon T60?

I'm the original owner of a H/K T60 which I purchased 20 years ago.
I just bought a new belt and a new Grado Platinum cartridge but thought that now might be the time to retire my beloved T60. It still works great, though.
Should I?
If I do retire the thing, how much do I need to spend to get a MUCH better sounding TT?
For reference, I recently purchased all NEW Arcam FMJ products and the preamp has a phonostage.
theaquaman
As long as it works fine and the bearing is lubed I'd say put it on a good platform with a nice cartridge suited to the HK arm and enjoy. You'd probably be looking at a Rega P3 to better the Harmon Kardon. And very few decks have an auto lift at the end of the record.....
No....
i buy and sell turntables on ebay all the time....
put the t60 on a stable concrete..marble or granite surface, get a good cartridge...i just got a wooden grado the cheapest wooden model...
the sound is fantastic...in 3 years of trading turntables,this has been the best bargain and i use it more than my michell gyrodec...
a real piece of 1980s quality...a real underated classic.
Thanks for the responses.
Recently, I brought my T60 to a local Manhattan hi/fi shop for a "tune up" at Harmon Kardon's suggestion.
Although the unit sounds great, I wasn't surprised that the salesman attempted to sell me a VPI Scout, Scoutmaster or Superscoutmaster.
Assuming I keep my existing Arcam FMJ electronics (which contains a phono card) and my Grado Platinum cartridge,
are these VPI machines that much better?
Some time back in the year 2000 I was thinking about retirement for my HK-T60. I too was introduced to VPI turntables at that time.

I found the Nottingham Hyperspace to be the better turntable.

However, I still have my HK-T60 and it is in very good working order.
I have yet to find turntable that can play the Tchaikovsky "1812" Overture (Telearc)

Try an find a way to keep your HK-T60 you just my miss it in 5 (five) or so years, myself
It is all about the music.
Some time back in the year 2000 I was thinking about retirement for my HK-T60. I too was introduced to VPI turntables at that time.

I found the Nottingham Hyperspace to be the better turntable.

However, I still have my HK-T60 and it is in very good working order.
I have yet to find turntable that can play the Tchaikovsky "1812" Overture (Telearc)

Try an find a way to keep your HK-T60 you just may find yourself missing it in 2 or 5 years

It is all about the music.
Tubemanic:
Thanx for your thoughts.
Whatever I decide to do, I do plan to keep the T60.
I have read some nice things about the Nottingham turntables.
Enjoy what you have .Until the thought of buying a new one drives you crazy .Then nothing will stop you ,Nothing ......
Hope he has decided on the turntable after 15 years of the original thread!