AudiogoN
Search Buy Sell Learn MyPage
 Learn > Forums > Analog > 1049949509  Start New Thread | Log In | Bookmark This

Rotel tuner performance after 2000 model year
Hi:

Has anybody try the new Rotel RT02 tuner? Models after year 2000 like Rt02, RT961 and RT955, which one sounds better? Are they sound as warm as old RT4155?

I just bought and return the Yamaha 492, use cable as antenna, sound more noisy than my car's FM station.
Yxlei  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

04-10-03
  Responses
04-10-03: Sugarbrie
What is your budget? If you are not stuck on Rotel, there are other nice tuners out there. Would you be interested in a vintage dial tuner? These will outperform most digital tuners at the same price for the used vintage tuner.

Rotel's best digital tuner was the RHT-10. Very hard to find on the used market. Next is the RT-990BX. The best vintage dial/analog tuner is the RT-1024.

Sugarbrie  (System | Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

04-10-03: Ryanmh1
Sugarbrie,

Your statement regarding analog tuners outperforming digital tuners at the same price is almost categorically false, although your comments on the Rotel are correct.

For about $200 you can buy a digital that will top any vintage analog costing less than about a thousand bucks, and it will do it in all the right audiophile approved areas, especially high frequency definition and imaging. In fact, you can do it for more like $50.

It's time this vintage analog tuner myth died a much deserved death.

Ryanmh1  (Answers | This Thread)

04-11-03: Sugarbrie
So a $200 digital tuner will outperform the classic analog tuners by McIntosh, Marantz, Kenwood, Sansui, Tandberg, Yamaha and others ???

Which $200 digital tuner are you referring to?? I am sure everyone will want to get one.

Me thinks me smells a troll.

But for you Yxlei; check out these websites.....

www.fmtunerinfo

www.amfmdx

classicaudio.com>

Sugarbrie  (System | Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

Post your response
Subject

Your response

No html, but you may use markup tags

Username
Members only

Password