H-CAT DAC

Hello,

I recently added an H-CAT preamp to my system and am pretty floored overall by the results... my question is, as I'm also in the market for a DAC and H-CAT manufactures one, is there anyone here that has personal experience with the H-CAT DAC.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.
after_hrs
After_hrs, yes they did make a dac. I had one, but it was not in the league of the K-12. I don't think many were made, perhaps as few as four.
After hrs,

I've also recently added an H-Cat P-12B line stage to my system. I have to admit that this brand was unknown to me. It came highly recommended from an audiophile friend, whom I trust explicitly.

Unfortunately, many of my emails, and phone calls went unanswered when I tried to contact the company. I'd like to find out more about the WTC control.
Guys, I can now get in contact with Roger Paul, and he promises to get his webpage up to date with contact numbers. He will do repairs if needed. It is unlikely that he will restart making his units.
The HCAT is a good sounding product. Unfortunately, my remote has failed. I have tried to contact Roger several times over the past 2 years and have never received a response. Deadbeat. One would think he'd want to protect his reputation at the very least. 
Sorry about the trouble.  That's interesting that Roger has not responded.  I can tell you that he's still in circulation, as based on a bunch of back and forth here in another thread about his creating the best amplifier made, I paid him a visit this past November to assess his claim.

Aside from that, I'm guessing the DAC employed a universal remote.  You should be able to pick up a replacement at a big box store or online, and with some (or a lot) trial and error, find the correct codes for the DAC.  Poor consolation I admit, but you should find success in getting the car back on the road
@trelja My HCAT remote also wasn't working for the preamp that I have.  I emailed Roger around Nov/Dec and he quickly replied me that he could send me a part (the buttons skin), only to suddenly disappear after I told him where I am located.  Since I cannot use a universal remote for the preamp, after that I continued to email him for another couple of months unitl I gave up.  I wanted to buy more products from him, but how could I?  
@folkfreak thank you for providing the link.

In retrospect, I should have remembered to update this thread after hearing of Roger's passing.  I apologize...
Thanks @trelja and @folkfreak for the update. May he rest in peace, I liked the HCAT preamp a lot, and I don't know what to replace it with now...
@pepperidge Can you open the preamp cover and adjust the volume?
Roger built a fully balanced preamp with XLR input and outputs for a friend last summer.   I think it's only one in existence.  His preamp has manual volume control.   Roger was working on mono amps ... my friend emailed him last week for update and no reply.   Roger makes good stuff but unfortunately didn't catch on.
@joecasey thanks for the suggestion.  I would be happy if I could just control the preamp somehow without throwing it away!  I did open the cover to see if there’s a manual attenuation of some sort but the inside looks very clean...nothing that I’m skilled to fiddle with.  Could anyone help me confirm that nothing can be done about it from the photo? https://photos.app.goo.gl/tCqs1mTfqyNRTLy38 
@pepperidge  My H-CAT friend knows an excellent tech that might be able to help.  Don't throw it out yet.   I'll ask if ok for you contact him.  PM me.
My friend also has $20k tube pre and H-CAT is very very competitive.  Basically differences between tube vs SS so more different than 1 is much superior to the other.

Does anyone know of a universal remote that will work with the preamp? I have an H-Cat P12R but no remote....really want to get this guy hooked up. Thanks!