Improve a "modern" turntable?

Hi, for many years I had a VPI Hw19 turntable. It was very tweakable - with upgrades and mods, the sound improved. Last year I bought a "modern" design - Hanss T30. It is basically not tweakable - or tries to be. Yet I think there are sound improvements to be had, here also, as in many other similar "modern" or "we thought it out for you" type of designs (e g using semi-magnetic suspension, like the Hanss).

I have improved the sound by a heavier record clamp, and some damping underneath the platter, to correct for the over-eager aluminium tendency. I am looking for other modifications, especially related to the Hanss player, but also for general knowledge. It may be, that with a bit of tweaking, these "modern we made it for you" type of turntables can rise from good to great.
Ag insider logo xs@2xo_holter
Perhaps no Hanss T30 (or T60) owners on Audiogon?
My question includes more general issues, like how to get a big aluminium platter sound best. But I hope for comments from owners.

At the moment, I am trying out the motor placement tweak, suggested by someone at the internet: place the motors behind the player, not to the sides, this gives better timing. I have tried this before, but test once more now.
However the result is the same. I prefer the music with the motors to the sides. I can't see (or hear) the advantage of the 6 drive belts pulling the platter in one direction, in a design made for a balanced, two directions pull.
Typical areas to investigate are better feet and better cabling. The stock feet are very good, but does it sound even better on a platform? I have it directly on a heavy stone rack. I use a Kimber power cable but have not experimented much with cables or feet/platforms.

Most things work fine with this player, but setting the exact 33 1/3 and 45 rpm speeds is inconvenient with the small screws in the control box. I wonder if the box could be upgraded.
I would consider a better motor controller and a Sutherland Timeline to set the speed it is much more accurate than the various strobe disc on the market currently. Best of Luck
How come it ended up under Digital?? I don't think I put it there....thanks, Erikminer...I will post a short version where it belongs!