AudiogoN
Search Buy Sell Learn MyPage
 Learn > Forums > Digital > 1287521545  Start New Thread | Log In | Bookmark This
  Lampizator DAC
Hello,
Interested to know if anyone has heard Lukasz Fikus' Lampizator DAC? If so, please describe what you heard and how it compares to others. Also, note as to which level / configuration of the lampizator you auditioned / own.
thanks
Grateful  (System | Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

10-19-10
  Responses (1-19 of 19)
Click title to read one, or click date to read all below it.

10-20-10   You might try to reach chris redmond over at 6 moons. i beli ...   Glrtrgi

10-20-10: Glide3
I have recently auditioned the most basic version of this dac and found it quite good. Organic, transparent and good dynamics.
I compared it with two other, more expensive, tube based dacs I own....the Exemplar Extant and 3-Dimension audio 18SE....both are excellent and are a bit more refined than the Lampizator but still sharing similar qualities.
Keep in mind this is comparing $5k+ retail dacs to a $1200 retail dac.
I am using the dacs with an RME fireface digital interface (firewire from my MAC) and am using an isochrone masterclock so my application is probably different than most but does not render the dac any less important.
I was impressed enough with this most basic Lampizator that I oredered the top 2-box version with a few upgrades.

Based on my audition, in my system and with my tastes, I think it is a winner and a real nice value.

Glide3  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

10-20-10   Thanks so much glide3. once you have your top tier lampizat ...   Grateful

10-29-10   I have an enhanced level 1 lampizator dac with the srpp diff ...   Wisnon

01-23-11   Update: i thought you would be interested in a quick update ...   Wisnon

01-23-11   Good stuff winson. one day i'll get the money together to t ...   Jedinite24

01-23-11   Thanks i compiled a bunch of feedback in another thread her ...   Wisnon

01-24-11   Reset switch ????????? now what is that and when to use it ? ...   Pani

01-24-11   I received the lz dac (level 2, generation 2.5, balance, 4 o ...   Sirotseta

01-25-11   Pani, only some of the latest builds have a reset switch, b ...   Wisnon

01-25-11   For dedicated discussions on this make of dac (by owners) an ...   Wisnon

01-28-11   Wisnon, does your dac have the e80 tube ?   Pani

01-29-11   No i have jj ecc88 i know of one person with the e80 thoug ...   Wisnon

01-30-11   I suppose the e80 is lz4 ?   Pani

01-31-11   Yes, though it is possible to have other tubes. apparently o ...   Wisnon

02-23-12   Hey lampi owners/fans hoping to get an l4 in a few weeks. a ...   Jriggy

02-25-12   I wasn't too crazy about it...2 things that come to mind is ...   Branislav

02-25-12   Several months ago i compared a latest l4 with volume contro ...   Knghifi

02-25-12   I had a mw transporter and i found it was just ok as a trans ...   Yo2tup

Post your response
Subject

Your response

No html, but you may use markup tags

Username
Members only

Password