AMR Cd77-Upgrade

How different is the old version to the new upgraded version?
crubio
I would also encourage a call to Darren.

His contact information can be found at:

www.avataracoustics.com
Are these the upgrades?

The CD-77 Digital Engine was redesigned for shorter signal path and significantly better musical performance

§ Upgraded output coupling foil & film capacitors(1) result in even better musical presentation

§ New “Acoustic Systems International” tuned organic glass windows which improve sonic performance

§ Mains transformers upgraded to use high-tech GOSS core material resulting in better audio performance

§ Mains inlet, fuse holder and switch hardwired using silver solder (instead of push on connectors) for better power delivery and improved sonics

§ New AMR “Gold Fuse” used throughout for improved performance: the CD-77 will have 4 Gold Fuses and the AM-77 will have 3 Gold Fuses

§ New Magnesium-Aluminium Alloy - a stronger chassis material for further improved resonance control

§ New silver solder for all internal connections and PCBs – better sonics

§ Upgraded PC-77 Power Cable – improved design with lower resistance for better sonic performance

§ Revised/Reinforced flight case design – even better build quality hence better shipping protection

(1) The new capacitors are made in Germany to AMR’s specs. They were selected after extensive listening comparisons against our previous “gold standard” choice with input from many of our distributors. They offer a marked improvement over the previously used Mundorf capacitors (which are considered THE industry standard for capacitor quality in Europe), especially in the latest custom version in use from September 2008.
I have found out that my older unit (June 08) has some of the upgrades:-

§ Upgraded output coupling foil & film capacitors result in even better musical presentation
§ Mains transformers upgraded to use high-tech GOSS core material resulting in better audio performance
§ Revised/Reinforced flight case design – even better build quality hence better shipping protection
§ New Magnesium-Aluminium Alloy - a stronger chassis material for further improved resonance control
§ The CD-77 Digital Engine was redesigned for shorter signal path and significantly better musical performance