| You can improve the sound of the red book Cd.|
1) Rip it into your computer with the EAC program (exact audio copy) - can be had for free by google searching for it.
2) Burn it onto a Taiyo Yuden or Mitsui gold CDr.
3) Use Feurio program to burn - google for it also.
4) Burn it on the slowest speed allowed by your CDr
5) If you upgrade your CDr player to a plextor one, you can further improve the quality.
The sound is more dynamic, and the digital shril-ness is tamed. For the first time, I am satisfied with the digital sound.
Before spending thousands on an upgrade, might want to give it a try.