What CD players have volume control

Building a second system and am currious what CD players have volume control other than Wadia. I have a Wadia 861 in my main system and have had good results without a pre amp. I do prefer a good pre amp but think running digital direct will suffice for my second system. I will be pairing this CD player with VTL MB 125s. I have not decided on a speaker yet but everything will be used. Any input appreciated. Thanks
braro
There is a few out there, but the ones that come to mind right away is Accuphase, Audio Aero and Consonance.. I know there's plenty more , just can't remember at this time. I have heard them , but never actually owned one yet.
I know the Wadia you have is a very good player..
Good luck,
Dave
I do have a SonyDVP9000esModwright, with built in
volume control,but no remote.This player is also
better without preamp.I tried my $2400 preamp, the
sony is way much better without it,
There is onother one, the APL Denon they do have
remote control,AH Njoe Tjoeb 4000 it has also built
in volume control.GoodLuck
Msb tech the platinum series http://www.msbtech.com probably one of the best players in the world
A safe bet is the Theta Miles. Musical and rock solid. Generally available with XLR and RCA outputs. Volume control is accessible through the remote. Good luck.
Proceed CDP is an awesome player with a volume control operable from the remote. Can play directly into a power amp.
I have owned several CD players with volume control. Currently I own the Quad 99 CDP and find it to be the best value of all that I have owned. It is about $850 used and it is a steal at that price. I've owned Theta Miles (balanced), Cary CD-308, Musical Fidelity CD/Pre-24 and Resolution Audio Opus 21, as well as a couple of DACs that had volume control.

Overall, the RA Opus 21 was the best, but considering the Opus 21 is about 2.5X the price of the Quad on the used market, I would take the Quad every time.

Enjoy,

TIC
Get a Placette Passive and run the Wadia at full volumn since it is capable of 5-12volts out.. the placette is as close to not running a preamp and you will not have any dropped bits using the wadia digital control.. if you don't want to go passive the Placette Active is amazing!
Tjoeb 4000 has volume control, which is bypassable. Good unit for the money, through Kevin Deal at Upscale audio.
The Granite 657 has volume control on it's tube output. The solid state output is fixed, however. But, you do get the flexibility of being able to go with the sonics of either.

Also, variable attenuators the likes of which from Scott Endler (which I own) and EVS Ultimate Attenuators can turn any CDP, tuner, tape player, etc. into a component with volume control. They can also be used at the other end of the chain, the power amplifier. Go with whatever is more convenient - signal purity is maintained as only one high quality resistor comes into play.
Muse Model 11 does (it is also a univeral player). Not sure about earlier Muse models.