PSB Stratus Goldi Speaker Replacement Recmmndtion

I have a pair of PSB Stratus Goldi speakers that were basically new in box when I purchased them three years ago where the cabinet of one was water damaged a few weeks ago when our 2nd story washing machine released water while we were on vacation. That's a mouthful.

My insurance will reimburse me the original retail value of these if I purchase a new set of speakers to replace these as the cabinet is unrepairable.

My system is simple consisting of the PSB Stratus Goldi speakers, a Parasound Halo A21 amp, an Aesthetix Calypso preamp, and a Sim Audio Moon 503 CD player. I really like the Goldi's but have the opportunity to upgrade valuewise if I were to purchase a replacement set of speakers.

My question is this: What would you recommend in the less than $3000 price range should I purchase something newer by taking advantage of the insurance co settlement and even adding a few bucks to it?

I just read an ad for a pair of PSB Imagine T-2 speakers here on Audiogon listing rave reviews for a few years and wonder if they would be a good upgrade or if I should just buy a pair of Goldi's and swap the low use components from my water damaged cabinet into the used cabinet.

Since these are speakers I'll note I'm located in the Kansas City area if location contributes to any responses.

Thanks in advance for any input.
pinball101
My opinion, don't but the Golds, listen to the newer PSB speakers, and try to listen to few more to compare what sounds best to you. Only you will then know.