Woofer upgrades to Audio Physic Libra's

Has anyone performed any such upgrades? The original (4) woofers are 8"; I think they may have been made by ScanSpeak.

Any suggestions?
dgeldart
Which upgrade are you considering, just curious. Do you more bass, you might want to upgrade the crossover.
I had one woofer fail, so am taking the opportunity to review possible upgrades. Overall I'm very happy with the speakers, but a bit more punch in the lower end would be a nice improvement. Do you have specific thoughts re the crossover?
Hello- just checking what you've done regarding failed woofer?
Did you replace one or All for for them to match?
Hello- just checking what you've done regarding failed woofer?
Did you replace one or All for for them to match?
I would not recommend to change the woofer unless you are qualified to do a lot of homework. If you are after a bit more punch getting a woofer that is 1 or 2 db more sensitive could help, but not necessarily. The woofer in the cabinet has a specific impedance curve, it most likely has been compensated with a zobel circuit. IF the woofer that you replace it with has slightly different impedance, you would change the crossover point and add an overlap or cause a hole in crossover frequency.
Is there a consensus on what driver to replace libra's woofers? To my knowledge nobody sells the crazy woofer the speaker comes with and there really isn't a perfect option as fas as I can see. I think I', going to pull the trigger with something on maddisound, but it requires me cutting.

Before I do surgery, I figured Id ask,

Thanks
If you have already replaced the woofers, will you consider selling me one or two of the good ones?. I have the same situation with one woofer making scratching noise. I've opted to disconnect for now and have not been able to find a replacement.
[email protected]