PSB Imagine T opinions..and how they fare vs Focal

I have narrowed my search down and one of the remaining options is the PSB Imagine T/T2 (along with the Focal 726v)I have listened to the PSB, but not in ideal circumstances (not the greatest electronics and not able to A/B them to the others I was considering as this store carried PSB as their only high end speaker brand).
They seem to get rave reviews, but I was wondering if anyone has opinions of them in real world experience. In my listening I found them just a bit warm and "smooth" with just a bit of a soft top end. Wondering if this is really the case, or if it was just the electronics, and if so, does it hamper the detail and accuracy ? I like a accuracy, but I also like something that isn't fatiguing and has a bit of "oomph"
Also, has anyone had the opportunity to compare the PSB to the Focal directly ?

Thanks for any feedback.

dallyd31
i auditioned both the imagines and the focal 826 (which i believe are slightly larger than, but have the same drivers as the 726) my choice would be the imagines, which are the kind of giant-killer you need to spend a lot more to significantly improve upon. the focals do many things well--they have that extremely detailed, transparent high end--but i had some issues with the low end, both in terms of its limited depth and lack of tightness. the imagines, on the other hand, were really well integrated, with a ton of midrange energy (oomphier than the focals). as you suggest, compared to that focal tweeter, the psb might sound softer (it's not a hyper-analytic presentation), but ultimately you might find that less fatiguing and more musical. if you can swing it, the psb synchrony are even better.
Yes, those are the T. The T2 is, imho, the 'sweet spot' of bang for buck. Side by side with the Synchrony, there is a difference, but $2K better??? Tough call. The $1500 extra for the T2 over the T is easier to hear. I haven't pulled the trigger yet either, but I'm trying to justify a $3500 improvement over what I have, which an amp upgrade just made tougher to justify. But it's a question I'm watching closely, and I'm glad you brought up the Focals, because they were another brand I wanted to hear.
Interestingly, the first time I heard the T2's, I had nothing to compare them to, and was blown away. The second time was when he had the Synchrony 1's next to them. I listened to the T2's first, and had a sense of a slight veil I hadn't noticed before, but was gone when I switched to the Synchrony's. Again..$2K better?? Maybe...I'd have to hear them in my home to know. The setup at the dealer's was far from ideal, but at least I could hear the two side by side, literally.
Hey English...were you able to compare the T to the T2 ? If so, what did you think ? Noticeable difference and worth the upgrade? I flipped back and forth on this when I listened. Once I would think the T2 was noticably better and then on another listen I wasn't so sure.
Sorry, no. Started at the T2, and went up only. Which now that I think about it, is strange for me, but oh well. When I went in and told the dealer what I'd be replacing, he took me straight to the T2's. When I went back, he had added the Synchrony 1's to the system, so I went back and forth between those two, but never the T's.