AudiogoN
Search Buy Sell Learn MyPage
 Learn > Forums > Speakers > 1327006221  Start New Thread | Log In | Bookmark This

Vandersteen Supreme Support
I have been enjoying my Vandersteen 5A's, but have had reservations about some issues that I've attributed to the room in my new house. I got a call from Richard Vandersteen the other day who heard I was not completely satisfied with my speakers (how he heard of that, I don't know)...anyway, he offered to help gain additional performance from them. With the kind help from John Rutan from Audio Connection in Verona, New Jersey (from whom I first purchased the speakers), and Richard Vandersteen, we tracked down and corrected the room problems. Richard made a number of calls, giving me steps to accomplish proper performance. Under his tutalage, we found a number of peaks, valleys, and phase problems with the room, Richard giving instructions on how to reduce these issues. The result is absolutely startling. The speakers are playing with an ease, and clarity, I haven't heard before. I have to say that someone who writes on these posts, came to hear my speakers a number of months ago, before these corrections and was so impressed that he offered to buy my speakers, and when I turned him down, he bought a pair of his own. The difference now is quite astonishing. Many, many thanks to Richard and John for their tips and efforts.
Stringreen  (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

01-19-12
  Responses (1-13 of 13)
Click title to read one, or click date to read all below it.

01-19-12   What changes did you make from richard's suggestions?   Lapierre

01-20-12   There are 15 knobs that one can vary on each 5a. i turned 1 ...   Stringreen

01-20-12   It's quite encouraging to hear a story like this. i too am ...   Adam18

01-20-12   John rutan + richard vandersteen = good hands.   Marakanetz

01-20-12   Stanley, are you saying that you had never tuned the bass be ...   Jeffreybehr

01-20-12   Originally, i bought the speakers from john at audioconnecti ...   Stringreen

01-21-12   Nice thread. thanks for posting.   Chashas1

01-21-12   This is what high end audio is all about. i have also receiv ...   Rrog

02-02-12   I have to agree with these posts. i have met and spoken to ...   Bondmanp

12-22-13   Ditto here as well. though i have visited with richard at n ...   Spe

12-22-13   Really glad to read such nice compliments about johnny r and ...   Bifwynne

12-23-13   Thanks! for sharing. remember guys, it is very important to ...   Jafant

12-23-13   Vandersteen is real, with a history to show that he will be ...   Kiddman

Post your response
Subject

Your response

No html, but you may use markup tags

Username
Members only

Password