Rockport Avior?

Does anyone have the specs? Are they out? Anyone heard them??? Look gorgeous....
128x128dastrix
THanks Cmalak, seen those. More frequency response, sensitivity, size etc

Cant find much about them, they appear to be on their way for months....
The first pair in the U.S. should arrive at Sound Components tomorrow or Wednesday - I heard them 3 weeks ago in Maine - they are the speaker to beat anywhere near their price point.
Hi Soundcomponents, if you were to compare them to another what would they resemble...?

Do you know the frequency response or sensitivity?

Thanks
I now have the first pair of Aviors in my soundroom - they have been here for about 2 hours.

I cannot describe to you how good they are. They are so much better than many big name speakers out there that you would be shocked if you compared them - but since Rockports are so rare - very few people have heard them.

They go deeper than the Ankaa's, and are very close to the Altair in terms of performance (I heard them in the same room at the same time right after hearing the Altair - and I saw the measurements when I was up at Rockport between the Ankaa and Avior). Of course, the Altair is better and will play louder and go deeper - but the comparison is amazingly close in many ways.
I now have the first pair of Aviors in my soundroom - they have been here for about 2 hours.

I cannot describe to you how good they are.

They are so much better than many big name speakers out there that you would be shocked if you compared them - but since Rockports are so rare - very few people have heard them.

They go deeper than the Ankaa's, and are very close to the Altair in terms of performance (I heard them in the same room at the same time right after hearing the Altair - and I saw the measurements when I was up at Rockport between the Ankaa and Avior). Of course, the Altair is better and will play louder and go deeper - but the comparison is amazingly close in many ways.
Lets see some photographs :)

Great to hear they are in... Im dying to hear them!!
there are some photos on sound components facebook page. I would urge anyone looking at speakers anywhere near their price range to seek the Rockports out -I know it's hard, but they are worth it - it's almost funny how much better they are than most - I really had no idea what they were about till I got them in - and I've been in the industry for 30 years.
I do't think so - theses were shot recently at Rockport - I could be wrong -but I think they're different - I have some more - if you e mail me I can snd them to you
Agreed - the Sasha clearly has the best quality of dealer distribution, and the largest market share. In terms of musical performance and design though, the Avior really is in a different league - in my opinion.
I will take Venture Audio any day of the week over Wilson. Not even close once you hear the Ventures. But, I have always loved Rockports.
I love these speakers too. i guess they replace the Ankaa? I am owning the Kharma 3.2.2 and wonder how difference Kharma is compared to Rockport. Your opinion is much appreciated.
I've heard some really positive results, I hope to have my initial listen in the coming weeks
Thaidong - Interesting comment. I currently own a pair of Kharma 2.2 and am contemplating a move to the Rockport Avior.
Slipknot1 - Have you got the chance to listen to the Avior yet? I heard come positive feebdacks from people attending CES2012 regarding the Avior
No- I am thinking about taking the trip to MA to hear them though. Before I do, I want to make sure my wallet can absorb the hit. I don't want to go to Goodwin's in Massachusetts and waste their time if I'm not ready to buy. I have a feeling that I am going to like what I hear, based on hearing the Altair and Arrakis (sp?).
They are about the same load as my Kharmas, so I am sure my current amplification can handle them. I had thought about the getting the Mira, but that would be more of a lateral move. The Avior is reported to be in another league entirely.
Slipknot1...assuming your wallet can handle it, the rest of your system definitely justifies going with the Avior vs. the Mira 2. I don't believe Goodwins has their Avior or Mira 2s yet so I would call them before making the plans to travel to MA to confirm that they are in. Good luck.
Sound Components in Miami has the Mira2 and the Avior in the store at this time, and travel re imburesemt program for out of town buyers.
Sound Components in Miami has the Mira2 and the Avior in the store at this time, and a travel re imburesemt program for out of town buyers.
Hi all - This thread has been quiet for a while, just want to follow up to see if anyone has had the chance to actually audit the Avior yet? I am seriously considering a change in speakers?n I have found this in the What's Best Forum which is not very encouraging about the Avior.

From a PM discussion with WBF member leyenda (posted with his permission):

"I have always admired the Rockport for its bass and mids, but would have liked a bit more sparkle in the highs (somewhat dark sounding as you put it in your post). I thought the Avior would rectify this with its berrylium tweeter so it was on my top shopping list. Turned out the Avior pair I heard had a very different presentation to the usual Rockport house sound so the journey continues."

and...

"The Aviors I heard was in a very small room. Bass was excellent - fast and tight. I even preferred the Avior bass to the Aquilla. Mids and highs were a let down to me. Beefy mids that I always like about the Rockport is gone. Voices that normally sound gorgeous on every models of Rockport from Mira to Altair is gone. I felt it was like a different speaker. The highs from the Berrylium tweeters really did open up, but to my taste, too much so. All in all, I would have accepted the Avior if it had the bass as it is, and the same old mids and highs, no need for that extra sparkle I originally dreamed of. It still sounds more pleasant than, say a Wilson Watt 8 that I really cannot stand listening for a long time, but perhaps my expectation was a bit too high in case of the Avior. The dealer asked me for a second audition, claiming that the speaker and set-up is more refined now, so I might give it another shot."
unquote

Appreciate your comments. Thanks
Well, I must say, I think ( no actually, I know) Leyenda has this one completely wrong.

A few months ago I went to Rockport and spent an afternoon and heard the entire line, back to back, in the same room, the same room location, with the same electronics - one right after the other. I heard the Arrakis, then Mira2 then Avor then Altair.

The Avior is not different from the Rockport house sound at all. As a matter of fact, I was stunned and how much the entire line sounded alike - down to the Mira2. The Avior was closer to the $97k Altair than it was compared to the Mira2.

When you do the comparisons in the same room at the same time - things become real clear. You are not listening to a total sound of room, equipment and speaker and trying to figure out what is contributing - when compared like I mentioned, you can be real sure, real quick.
Thank you sir for your comments above. Totally agree with your approach when comparing speakers however I must say that not many people would have a opportunities to do so.
I will have the Rockport Avior at "The Home Entertainment Show" in Newport Beach CA June 1 - 3. They will be driven by a Banaced Audio Technology REX system. (REX tube monblocks with 2 piece REX line stage). I also have the Mira II at our showroom in San Clemente CA.

Please come by for a listen!

*We are a Rockport / BAT dealer.
Hi Kwb,

The BAT Rex mono-block amps along with the BAT Rex preamp are making my Avalon Eidolon Diamonds sing like never before!!! I'm sure you will have a killer sound at the show with the Rockport Avior.

best,
Tom
Ackman - I will be at the Atrium Hotel Suite 331. Hope to you there.

Ken Boyce - Cake Audio
Hey Tom, yes I am very excited to hear the Rex with the Rockports. I've always liked the Eidolon I bet your system sounds amazing!

Ken
"I will have the Rockport Avior at "The Home Entertainment Show" in Newport Beach CA June 1 - 3. They will be driven by a Banaced Audio Technology REX system. (REX tube monblocks with 2 piece REX line stage). I also have the Mira II at our showroom in San Clemente CA.

Please come by for a listen!

*We are a Rockport / BAT dealer."

Anyone attended this event? Your comments on the Avior are appreciated. Thanks