AudiogoN
Search Buy Sell Learn MyPage
 Learn > Forums > Speakers > 1275099520  Start New Thread | Log In | Bookmark This

Odyssey Kismet Reference Speakers-
Today, Mr. Fedex brought me a wonderful pair of Odyssey Kismet Reference Speakers which I purchased from a fellow Audiophile off Audiogon. I don't know where to start. The cabinetry is of unbelieveable quality and the color is a beautiful Santos Rosewood finish. Each speaker weighs a little over 80 pounds and it is a two way design.

I have the speakers positioned about 25" from the rear wall and toed in ever so slightly. I will get right to it, the bass is the BEST bass that I have ever heard in my living room. It is very deep, taut, articulate and defined. The mids and highs are very sweet and finally, I can listen to Pink Floyd play in all their grandness. I played a mix of rock, jazz and classical this afternoon, and no matter what I played, I wasn't disappointed. I found for the first time in a long while, I wasn't picking the music apart, you know the note sounds wrong, etc. I found myself really immensed in the music.

I have yet to install the floor spikes/cones. That will be done in about a week, once the speakers have settled in. Looks like I will be staying in most of this long weekend, enjoying the music.

Bob
I throw my window open wide and call to you across the sky.
Stereo5  (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

05-28-10
  Responses (1-14 of 14)
Click title to read one, or click date to read all below it.

05-29-10   Stereo5, two questions: 1. how do you like your odyssey a ...   Knownothing

05-29-10   My odyssey amp now has over 1,000 hours on it. i love the a ...   Stereo5

05-31-10   Thanks again!   Knownothing

06-01-10   Stereo5 did you buy any of the cable that klaus uses to wire ...   Rleff

06-01-10   Congratulations on your new speakers. odyssey audio may be o ...   Mrkoven

06-01-10   I have been thinking that the only constant in my system fo ...   Stereo5

03-18-12   Sweet system!   Alpha3

12-22-14   Looking into the kismet reference monitors. they are a books ...   Giantsalami

01-17-15   I haven't heard the reference monitors but according to peop ...   Stereo5

01-19-15   Hopefully will be letting you know how they sound soon!   Giantsalami

03-11-15   Hey bob, just got the monitors. wow is the correct word.no, ...   Giantsalami

03-12-15   Congratulations. how is the bass, is it room filling with b ...   Stereo5

03-14-15   Bass is great. i would say it is the biggest difference betw ...   Giantsalami

03-15-15   Glad you are enjoying them. keep us posted.   Stereo5

Post your response
Subject

Your response

No html, but you may use markup tags

Username
Members only

Password