Is anyone using Harbeth speakers with a sub-woofer

I talked to a dealer today and he said the Compact-7 works good with subs. Does anyone has any personal experience with this.
taters
Hi Taters:

I ran my Compact 7's with a Rel Stadium II for a while in my 14 X 23 X 9 room. The Rel is known for its ability to integrate seamlessly with monitors and I did feel that it added a firmer foundation to the music without a lot of discontinuity BUT at the end of the day I decided that a sub and monitor based loudspeaker system just wasn't for me. As good as the Rel is I always felt that I could "hear" the sub and found myself constantly tweaking it (position, settings, volume) to try to get the sound to be part of a whole cloth. In the end the extended bass was not worth the loss of coherence and musicality. I decided instead to try to find a larger, full range speaker that did what the Harbeth's did so well (loved them!) and had more and better bass. It took a while but I finally was able to get there with Daedalus. All I can suggest is that you give it a try and see how it works for you. I ended up selling my Rel for exactly what I paid for it so no harm in giving it a shot.
I am using the SHL5s with a REL R505. Set up was quick and mine has been a big improvment over listening without a sub. I set it up one time over a year ago, and have never had to move it since.
I'm waiting for Compact 7's to use with a REL B3. Has anyone had experience with the device offered on Audiogon to integrate subs with monitors? One of the Harbeth dealers was offering it with Compact 7's
I used Compact 7's with REL Strata III for awhile. Worked great. One of the best sounds I remember in that room, 12' X 18'
I use the SHL5's with a PMC TLE1 subwoofer in a 11'x17'x8' room. Works great.
I use compact 7-es3 with Rel B2 sub. upgrade the stock cable with Synergistic research tesla rel spec ref.
Has anyone paired a sub with the Harbeth P3ESR? If so, which sub did you use and what were your thoughts?

I would have thought that the P3ESR would be the most likely to be paired with a sub, but apparently not...
I purchased a REL B3 after demo-ing against the JL F110 on Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M's setup at the dealership.

Still waiting to receive the REL but I expect it will integrate nicely.
I'm using a Rel Strata 3 with the newest Compact 7's in a 15' x 20' x 8' room. Great Sound. I've also used a Rell Storm 3 with Dyn C-1's in same room. I enjoy the Harbeth's more, and I prefer the Strata to the Storm because the Stata is a sealed sub.
I'm the Harbeth dealer that DrDennis mentioned.
I sell the KRK ERGO, this is a $499 box that will provide electronic crossover from 200 Hz down to what ever you want to cross your subs in at and the Harbeths. It comes with a microphone for adjusting the calibration and you also get room correction up to 500 Hz.
It is the Lyngdorf Room Perfect Room Correction.
It works great for most people. I have a demo unit that can be evaluated.

The down side is that you need a Computer with a firewire port to do the setup and calibration. The other down side is that the unit has pro audio TRS jacks so you will need cables with TRS on one end and your choice or RCA or XLR on the other side. The Guitar Center is a great source for these cables. I have found the Mogami to sound great. I personally use the cheap cables for my demos as it sounds great that way too.

I think the ERGO is a great way to improve your system for not very much money. It will also let you put your speakers where ever you want to and still get that great Harbeth sound with your room being much less of an obstacle.

Neal Van Berg
Sound Science
720 308 4000
[email protected]