AudiogoN
Search Buy Sell Learn MyPage
 Learn > Forums > Speakers > 1268815987  Start New Thread | Log In | Bookmark This

Tidal Speakers owners
Could you please write your impressions about the Tidal speakers you currently own ? I will probably buy the Tidal Piano Cera in the near future so I would appreciate your feedback...
Geopolitis  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

03-17-10
  Responses (851-877 of 877)
Click title to read one, or click date to read all below it.

06-06-13   Bvdiman, the youtube video from georgemg shows the tidal pla ...   Jotave2010

06-07-13   Jotave, yes i have watched both numerous times.. though (in ...   Bvdiman

07-09-13: Calloway
i had the good fortune of being able to audition 8 Stillpoint Ultra 5s with my Contriva Diacera-se speakers for the last week..WOW..what an improvement. i would not have bet that what i thought was superb sound could be improved so dramatically. everything got so much clearer and every transient became so much quicker and tighter. acoustic guitar was amazing....the depth an soundstage also improved substantially...YES..they are expensive but the improvement is just to die for. i also tried 3 of them under my Lumin Network PLayer and that,also,greatly improved the sonics. for now...i have 3 under the Lumin with 8 more coming in the near future for the speakers..i have to have them now...thanks to doug white of 'the voice that is' for the audition....
Calloway  (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

07-12-13   Hello calloway, do you have a wooden floor?   Maceear

07-12-13   Hello calloway, do you have a wooden floor?   Maceear

07-17-13   Maceear...actually i have carpet.the ultra ss versions worke ...   Calloway

07-18-13: Tbg
Calloway, I think the Ultra Fives having five of the "technology" units versus one in the Ultra SSs, is the key. The Five have five time the vibration absorption. The LPI record weight is really the Five without a base. It is not better science, it is more of the same science.

I should add that four Ultra Fives under speakers or components than three. I am told that five sounds even better. If you try four, you need to make certain that all need to be in contact. This is since three points define a plain, so one is likely to be too low.

I have used them on carpeted and wooden floors with no apparent differences. I think the weight and the weight of the component, plus the conversion of vertical to horizontal motion that is turned into heat works on either.

Tbg  (System | Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

07-20-13   Norm...thanks..that makes sense. i will buy another one for ...   Calloway

07-20-13: Tbg
Calloway, when you get it, do the experiment of one being longer, which will mean that one will not be in contact. I should say that with the Ultra Five, unless they are screwed into something, such as a speaker, the Ultra foot, or the StillPoints Grid or their Component stand, there is no easy way to raise and lower them. A slim shim of metal will work. It will give you a quick test of three versus four.
Tbg  (System | Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

05-25-14   Contriva g2. any listeners on the munich show? ..   Maceear

05-27-14: Linkster
I've heard that the Piano series will have G2 versions as well, possibly by the end of this year. New enclosures (tiralit composite material first used in the Agoria), binding posts and stands/bases are in order. I believe the crossovers and drivers are the same. Insofar as the sound goes, I heard from someone who is not a Tidal dealer and he reported that the sound was denser and more dynamic (Contriva G2). Can't imagine that the Contriva extenders would be necessary.
Linkster  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

05-28-14   Thanks linkster.   Maceear

07-04-14   Any tidalists considering moving to the new g2 versions of t ...   Linkster

07-05-14   Are people still buying this illusion?   Judyazblues

07-08-14   ???????????????????   Linkster

07-09-14   Does tidal still make the piano and little piano? both with ...   Shubertmaniac

07-09-14   The paino cera is still listed as a current production model ...   Photon46

07-09-14   The little piano is long gone from production. the piano cl ...   Linkster

07-20-14: Geopolitis
Maceear,

I was in Munich High End show this year and I listened extensively to the Contriva G2 for two days, Friday and Saturday. My first impression on Friday was that the G2 was the most beautiful speaker I had ever seen in my life. It is that amazing!!! The sound on the first day was not up to the usual Tidal standards so I asked how many hours of burn-in were in these speakers. Apparently, the speakers were brand new and they had had only 15 hours when I first listened to them.

On Saturday though, things had already changed. The sound with about 25-30 hours of playing time was already one of the two best in the show (the other one was the system with Zellaton Reference). That was surprising to me because I know how long it takes for those Accuton drivers to reach their peak performance so I believe that this speaker won't really have any competition in their price range, both in terms of sound performance and gorgeous looks. It is a masterpiece in my personal opinion and definitely worths a careful audition by any audiophile that is looking for a true -to- the-source transducer.

Geopolitis  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

07-21-14   I have gone on record as saying i would never get sell my pi ...   Linkster

07-21-14   Linkster, is there a us distributor? tell us why you are so ...   Tbg

07-21-14: Geopolitis
Linkster,

I am sure that the Piano Diacera are best-in-their-class speakers but I believe the Contriva G2 are superior, the same way that Agoria was superior to the Contriva Diacera. Their cabin is bigger and more advanced (Tiralit based), they go lower, they feel like they have bigger dynamic range and they are an easier load to drive. If you can afford them, they are a superior speaker overall.

Geopolitis  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

07-21-14   Tbg...the usa distributer is doug white who is great to deal ...   Calloway

09-20-14: Rjthomas4
I placed an order for the new Contriva G2 several months ago and am currently awaiting their arrival. According to Doug White at The Voice That Is, the speakers should be delivered in late October. Having enjoyed my Piano Diaceras for the past several years, I am anxiously looking forward to hearing the improvements and sharing my observations with my fellow Audiogoners.
Rjthomas4  (Answers | This Thread)

09-21-14   Rjthomas4, congrats on your purchase. looking forward to yo ...   Bostonbean

09-22-14   Rjthomas4, both bostonbean and myself own piano diaceras. i ...   Linkster

11-01-14: Baggs1
U guys.....Still missing the point. All of this equipment shifting (buying). Get a pair of speakers U like.......then electronics, then sources (turntables, cdp), then experiment with cables, cords, wires, and room acoustical treatments, then tweaks. Not the other way around, where U'r constantly changing components. Just my opinion.....
Baggs1  (Answers | This Thread)

< Prev << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

Post your response
Subject

Your response

No html, but you may use markup tags

Username
Members only

Password