AudiogoN
Search Buy Sell Learn MyPage
 Learn > Forums > Speakers > 1228363070  Start New Thread | Log In | Bookmark This

Focal JM Lab Profile 928
I was checking out the Focal profile series but I can't find much in the way of literature or reviews on this speaker. Does anyone have any experience with this line? It is a very beautiful and sculpted piece and would fit my need for a speaker with a low profile quite nicely. Music Direct is closing the line out for a 50% off discount. Does this speaker have good dispersion and center fill properties like I hear about the Gallo Ref 3.1's? If so, this may just be what I'm looking for.
Donwass65  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

12-03-08
  Responses
12-04-08: Jamiek
I have the complete 5.1 profile arrangement. For movies I run them off my arcam avr 350 and for vinyl and cds I use a two channel red wine signature 30.2 amp. I am, for once, entirely pleased with my set up. I reccomend the Profile series, especially at that price, whole heartedly. I have heard the Gallo's and they are not in any way comperable to the Profiles. They produce a much different type of sound which I do not consider to have the redemptive qualities of the Focals. Put simply, they are not as good in just about every way. That said, I have heard almost all of the Focal Electra line speakers and consider them a significant step up from the Profiles. They cost a good bit more but wow, are they good. If you have the funds, I would give them a listen. Good Luck.
Jamiek  (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

12-04-08: Jafant
Agreed-
the 928 is a very good speaker at any price! Nicely combines w/ bryston amp / preamp/processor as well.

Jafant  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

06-27-09: Heungmao
Hi Donwass65, I am curious if you ever bought the profile 928? If so, what do you like most about them? Are they good with classical music?
Heungmao  (Answers | This Thread)

11-11-09: Energizer
i have the profile 918.great speaker with all types of music.from reviews i have read i dont think you will go wron with anything focal produces especially at half price.
Energizer  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

11-13-09: Donwass65
I've decided to jump on a pair of 918's from a fellow audiogoner. I need something with a small footprint to replace my JBL 120 Ti's that I bought in 1985 but still sound fantastic- just don't look too modern. I hope the Focals can fill the bill. I do have tile floors so will be needing something to put under them. Does anyone know if any company makes outrigger stands for them? Something like Thiel uses would be great
Donwass65  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

07-24-13: Rdance3
I have a pair of the 928's and I love them. I added speaker outriggers after my German Shepard knotted one over. I got the speakers from Music Direct about 4 years ago. I'm using them with a Marantz SR8002 125 Watt Receiver. They are my front speakers. I use the Gallo micros for the rest. I'm no audiophile but I love the set up. The audyssey system seemed to match them pretty well. Hope this helps.
Rdance3  (Answers | This Thread)

Post your response
Subject

Your response

No html, but you may use markup tags

Username
Members only

Password