Zingali Speakers Opinions

Anyone out there familliar with Zingalis? I just heard a set of Overture 2S Zingali speakers. I was truely impressed. I read somewhere that these were picked as best in show at CES by 1 reveiwer. The Zingalis at the show were Home Monitor 112 (i think) Found it interesting that they would pick to display the lowest model in the home Monitor line to feature at the show.
I'm surprised there are not more threads regarding these wonderfull sounding units. They look good too.
Any opinions or lines on availability greatly appriciated
128x128flickkit
As I understand it,these are handled by Victor Goldstein.You might contact Lloyd Walker/Walker Audio {610-666-6087}.They featured the Zingali speaker in their set-up at CES this year.
Even though the Home Monitor 112 is the lowest of the Home Monitor line, they are HUGE! Perhaps this is the reason why they were chosen for the room. The sound is good. They major on dynamics and are decent with details. What I find interesting about these hornloaded speakers was that their dispersion was not really wide. You need to be in their sweetspot (30" wide) to hear the emotion behind the music.
Ok now Im hooked. I brought my Integrated Oto SE in to listen to the 2S. So the set-up was Audio Note Oto SE, Audio Note CD2 Integrated Player. The Amp I own, The CD player I can afford. We listened to a couple of tracks on Elvis Preslys Master series. I was imediatly struck by how my attention could not be drawn away from the recording. The seperation of voices of the back up vocals was incredible. I dont consider myself an Elvis fan by any means and yet I was then. Supposedly these "Masters Series CD are very good recordings. I put in a copied CD of Eva Cassidy and Chuck Brown. The 3 of us listened to "Somewhere over the rainbow" in speechless awe. I joked after the song that 3 grown men were siting listening to a Wizard of Oz tune. One of my fellow listeners admited he was fighting back tears. (btw he had never heard Eva Cassidy before) I too admited my emotions allmost got the better of me. It is not be the most expensive set-up nor the most accurate.... but my god, it was magical. If you ever get the chance listen to this combo
I have the overture .3S
I do love them, but they took a little work to get the sound right.
Much better bi amped. I have Space-Tech Preamp and amps(low power set amp for horns and hybrid for the woofer)
I also think it was much better with a tube set up. I listened with a high end krell pre and amps and there was no comparison. If you do not bi-amp make sure you get tone control.
If you do not mind last years models, the previous US distributor, RandyB (a great guy) has some closeouts available a good prices and may even go lower??
http://www.ossaudio.com/ (go to closeout link)
Also, I purchased my center channel from http://www.audiosalon.co.uk/
They have both the new models and some fantastic deals on a few in the demo area. Excellant service and communication
In the demo/used area they have for sale a $19,000 HM 212, for sale for about $7,800. If I had the bucks, hmmm.

I also love Eva Cassidy on the speakers! try Cowboy Junkies!
Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions. I am going on vacation soon and may not reply for a week though.

Finally, it appears as if they may soon have a US distributor out of New York
Zingali America
Phone
212-734-1041
Address
500 E. 77th street suite 2923
New York , N.Y. , 10162 USA

Ron
Sure why not. I am a dealer for Zingli and can attest to how much they sound like live music (are speakers supposed to do that?) The Overture series is beautifully built with real wood horn and 1 1/2" front wood panel and rear panel. Georgous. Fast, and tonally correct. www.soundsrealaudio.com