Need advice for 2a3s driver tubes in Melody M845

I've got a pair of Melody M845 monoblocks and am in need of a pair of 2a3 tubes to use as drivers.

I've got a pair of Melody M845 monoblocks and am in need of a pair of 2a3 tubes to use as drivers.

I'm looking for something that is fairly neutral, with good top end extension and resolution, good overall detail, dynamics and drive. My system is voiced to the warmer, more developed side and I want to eek out a touch of top end shimmer.

The KR 2a3 is strongly recommended for this situation by ears I really trust, but they're devilishly expensive. He also recommends Sophia Carbon plate 300B 2.5v (for 2a3) but same deal on expense.

I'm thinking along the lines of a pair of JJ 2a3-40s, Shuguang Black Treasure 2a3s or Psvane Treasure IIs. I can find no information on the treasure 2s, and generally hated most things psvane, while loving everything black treasure I've tried, so I'm hesitant on that one.

I was also warned away from JJ due to quality control, which has been my experience in the past with many premature JJ failures.

Can anyone compare and contrast these tubes or offer similar alternatives that go for under $300 a pair?
gopher
I was also warned away from JJ due to quality control, which has been my experience in the past with many premature JJ failures.
I run the JJ 2A3-40s in a SE 2A3 AMP, and have heard/read nothing negative about their reliability. Other JJ tubes a while ago, but I have never read anything about bad 2a3-40s.
Gopher,
What I've read about current 2A3 tubes the JJ is hard to beat in your price range. The EML is considered by many the standard choice of top tier 2A3 but is more money. Your amp deserves the best driver quality (and these are long lasting tubes, so the extra cost pays off).
Regards,
I've been running the JJs in my Moth S2A3 for the past 18 months. No problems and they sound superb.
Thanks, guys. I decided to pick up a pair of JJs from euro tubes as a cost friendly experiment. The concerns I have about longevity are largelymitigated by their testing and screening process and the warranty is nice as well. Hopefully these prove to be the right move.
Gopher

I just picked up a pair of M845's and was wondering how your tube rolling is going. I have the stock SHuguang 845 and 2A3 in there right now. In the ist socket I have rolled quite a few NOS and Chinese tubes and have found the KenRad 6SN7 / VT231 to be at the top so far. I have a pair of the treasure CV181's but I am a little nervous about trying them as they are a bit different electrically although they were the clear winners in my old amp. I have an email into Angel City and Melody asking if they think they are safe to use. Would love to hear your feedback on tube rollin'