Conrad johson versus lamm

I would change my lamm L2 pre amp and M1.1 mono to Cj lps140 and art3
because i think that the lamm are powerful enough to drive my Dynaudio confidence C4 Some experience CJ dynaudio?

Gianni
giannicasciaro
Have you had problems with clipping, or does it just "seem" like a logical change? I've owned the Lamm pair and used them to drive Dynaudio Evidence Temptations and never felt that they gave out of steam. But I'm not a headbanger.
I believed you must have tried the two impedance settings in the back of the Lamm M1.1. 1-6 and 8-16 impedance settings.

I have a Revel Salon 2 and tried it with the LP 140 and it didn't work quite well. Now I have the Lamm M2.2 that works great with the Salon 2. I know that the Confidence is a bit more efficient than the Salon 2, but it still dives deep to around 3 ohm. I doubt you would gain a lot with the LP 140 with the Confidence.

Perhaps the LP275 monos work better with the Confidence.
I found the CJ Prem 140 to be very solid state sounding and I never could connect with it.

You will need more power to effectively drive C4's with tubes. I'd consider a good solid state amp or a better and more powerful tube amp.
When I owned C4's I battled listener fatigue. If you don''t already have room treatments, it would be a good investment if you plan on keeping your C4's.
Dynaudios are more or less know to be a money grave for amplifiers. No matter what you do, the stronger amp will be always better, unfortunately good sound and high power is nearly impossible. Most high powered amps sound dead and boring. Quite a task to find a good one. Good luck.
It is much easier to look for a speaker which makes audiophile life more enjoyable :-)
"No clipping but with high volume i hear aggressive acute"

Make sure you have the M1.1 in the 1-6 ohm setting. The Lamm will drive your Dynaudios far better than the CJ 140.

"Dynaudios are more or less know to be a money grave for amplifiers. No matter what you do, the stronger amp will be always better, unfortunately good sound and high power is nearly impossible."

Exactly.
No clipping but with high volume i hear aggressive acute
It is also possible that the Tweeters get overloaded, then they start to glare (a kind of your aggressive acute). It isn't so uncommon, Tweeters aren't so robust than other chassis, that's one reason why some Manufacturers replace them with electrostatic (or similar) panels (see Verity Audio, Wilson Alexandria ...) when high volume is demanded.
Regular tweeters work very well until they reach their technical limit and then it is done, from one second to the next. You don't see them so often, because their price is higher for the manufacturer compared to conventional chassis (most are mass market units, a little bit modified for each manufacturer) :-)