BAT VK-60..New to tubes...Help???

I am looking at a local sale for a original VK-60 with original tubes in mint condition.I want this for a active system to run MIDS ONLY(maybe mid/hi later-passive).I need to know how much it will cost to retube with a warm sounding tube and a fair price for this older amp(1995 I beleive is when they came out???)..Is there different versions?
I will power a dual ATC 75/150S/side active setup crossed at 400hz/3500hz and will need a warm sound.
Any help guys is appreciated.
thanks
NEW TO TUBES
John
mclsound
The 6C33 is not that expensive - do a search and figure out what the market price is.

Good listening

Peter
thanks.I know that tubes cost different money but I dont know the warm sounding tubes.
The amp uses four 6C33C-B output tubes. They cost $160 a set at The Tube Store . There is only one company that makes them so there are no other options to get different sounds. lucky for you they do sound warm. There are several manufacturers of the eight 6SN7 signal tubes this amp uses. They do not have to be matched pairs. I have not had to replace mine in my VK-55 yet so can,t help you there. I too would be interested in ideas on a warm 6SN7 if anyone else is following this thread.
From memory the old RCA Red based 5692 were the ones to get, if you can find them.

Good listening

Peter
Raytheon, RCA and National Union VT-231 tubes(bottom gettered, from the 40's), will retain whatever sound staging, imaging, dynamics(etc) your recordings possess, but with just a touch of added warmth. Be certain to buy tubes that are graded for low noise.
Have you had any service done on your VK55?
Bat reliable products when they are closing in on 20 yrs old?
Thanks
Only replaced the power tubes once in the 55. I love this amp. I have been driving thiel 2.4s with it. Bass is actually just as good as my old krell. Never thought I would be driving thiels with a tube amp but Victor makes a hell of an amp. I plan to get another to mono them.
BAT amps seem to be very reliable. If you are looking for a warm amp for midrange the vk-55 would be a better choice than the 60. The midrange in this amp is magicical.
Thank you Peter and Rodman for the advice on the 6sn7s. I hope I answered your question John.
There is a vk-55 on the gon right now for $2500 that I would get if I had the cash on hand. I don't due to an ugly recent divorce but you could take advantage of it. I think I paid about $2000 for mine on the gon. You might offer him around that.