Wilson Sophias and Jolida Integrated

I just purchased a pair of wilson Sophia I's. I am still trying to find good amplification for them. Right now they are being powered by a HK3490 which just doesn't do them justice at all. I listen to a lot of rock and electronic music. I am looking at integrated amps to pair up with them. I have never owned tubes but I have heard lots of good things about the Jolida stuff. Any recommendations would be welcome.
128x128palena79
budget right now is around $1000 but I am thinking about saving up for something a little higher end. The jolidas do appear to have 4 Ohm taps and there have been a lot of good write ups on the sophias with 40-60wpc tube setups with 4 ohm taps. I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard them. Dave Wilson specifically said that the sophias were designed to work with modest amplification and I don't believe in spending a fortune on amps.
I've heard tubes have problems driving the Sophias, overall on dynamics and bass control. Anyone with wilson speakers can confirm this?>
hi current amps . the efficiency is only 87 or 89 db from my recollection of the I. Tubes and Wilson can sound great together but need power to get the big slam and image solidity you expect from Wilson.
Wilson Sophias are going to need a high current amp.
If your budget is 1000 dollars, I would recommend the Emotiva XPA-1 Amplifier.
The Amp is like 75 pounds and really built.
It sounds dynamic and lists for 1000 dollars.
If you want to buy used, i would look into something like the Classe 25 amp on audiogon for 1000 dollars.
AYRE 7XE INT AMP. I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO LISTEN TO A PAIR OF SOPHIA I DRIVEN BY THIS INT AMP AND SOUND WAS VERY NICE.
I WOULD ALSO TRY THE ELECTROCOMPANIET ECI4 INTEGRATED. I HAVE NOT HAD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMBO BUT I HAVE HAD OF EXPERIENCE WITH OTHER WILSON W/P7 AND ELECTOCOMPANIET AND IT WAS A GREAT COMBO.
Twilo:I owned emotive stuff in the past. In my opinion it just sounds really thin. The thing that has drawn me to the tube stuff is the breathtaking soundstage which so far the best SS gear has not given me with the Sophias. Listened to Krell KAV300 int and kav-250, Rotel rb1582 as well as bryston 4bsst. I liked the rotel the best out of those with the Sophias.

bjbcab:The audition that made me buy the sophias was on an ayre v-5 at HiFi house in wilmington DE. That amp was brilliant if I go SS I am considering either Ayre, Levinson, or Simaudio.

I have definitely bumped up the budget a little bit on this project as I have been auditioning a number of amps with the sophias. Got a chance to listen to a friends jolida stuff and I have to say it sounded better through a HK receiver. I got a chance to audition the CJ LP66s which was fantastic with only 60 WPC. Right now I am breaking in a rogue cronus magnum and still am not thoroughly impressed it is very grainy. I am going to listen to the ARC VSi 60 and the BAT vk300 next week. I will let you guys know my thoughts. So far CJ has been the most impressive tube gear but I haven't heard ARC or VAC yet. It may be CJ mono blocks on the used market.
Update: I just finished auditioning the audio research VSi60 and I have absolutely found the one.
Palena, Don't confuse "Emotive" with "Emotiva." They are different companies in totally different market niches.