AudiogoN
Search Buy Sell Learn MyPage
 Learn > Forums > Amps Preamps > 1230577395  Start New Thread | Log In | Bookmark This

Parasound vs B&K vs Acurus
I currently have a B&K ref 70 preamp and PSB Silver speakers with an Acurus 200 watt amp. The sound is quite nice.

I'm wondering if there is much advantage to moving into a B&K or Parasound amp, or all the three about the same in terms of sound quality?

Anyone with experience comparing the above amps please post and let us know your thoughts.
Mar  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

12-29-08
  Responses (1-11 of 11)
Click title to read one, or click date to read all below it.

12-29-08   Personally, i found the acurus quite harsh. the other choic ...   Elevick

12-29-08   I had an acurus a250 paired with a melos preamp, and the sou ...   Goliverjr

12-30-08   I've owned many parasound and b&k amps. the only acurus comp ...   Bdgregory

12-30-08   I agree with bdgregory's evaluation of the b&k m200 sonata m ...   Rleff

12-30-08   Thank you everyone. great information so far. bdgregory: i ...   Mar

12-30-08   Mar- maybe odyssey audio might work for you;i would give kla ...   Rleff

12-31-08   I don't know about the other brands, but i bought a used b&k ...   Sprink

01-20-09   If a person wanted to step up from b&k/acurus etc, what is t ...   Mar

01-28-09   Classe will have a smoother sound. other option is to add so ...   Johnss

01-28-09   Having a acurus amp for some years, i find it quite good and ...   Glenfihi

01-28-09   I have directly compared parasound (hca2205at - which i stil ...   Jbryngelson

Post your response
Subject

Your response

No html, but you may use markup tags

Username
Members only

Password