Safe to replace fast blow fuse with slow?

If the fuses are the same amperage is it safe to use a 'slow blow' fuse to replace a 'fast blow'? I'm considering the audiophile fuses by HIFI Tuning and I've been told that the slow blow fuses sound better than the fast blow (maybe because they're larger diameter, I'm not sure). Thanks
lornoah
Herman is right

I tried replacing a slow blow fuse with a fast blow fuse recently, same amperage and it just kept blowing.

Finally found a slow blow fuse at Radio Shack that was not exactly same amperage but within 5% of required amperage and that works just fine.
That's a different story.

Replacing slow with fast is safe. You might get a lot of nuisance blows but your equipment is protected.

Replacing fast with slow might not blow fast enough when it is supposed to and damage something.

Exactly as Herman stated! I've had correctly rated replacement Radio Crap fuses blow when there was nothing wrong too. Find some Buss or Littelfuse fuses at a real electronics store.
Buss or LittleFuse also makes a 'faster' blo fuse.

My Question: could you replace standard fuse with a Slo-Blo of lesser rating? Say a 4amp std with a 3amp slo?
could you replace standard fuse with a Slo-Blo of lesser rating? Say a 4amp std with a 3amp slo?

I wouldn't use anything other than what was originally designed into the equipment. You might get away with it, but depending on how much margin is present in the design you might also be compromising BOTH protection and the likelihood of false blows.

Regards,
-- Al