Direct connection of CD to Power amp

I have experienced a great deal of sound quality improvement in direct connection of cd to power amp. Any opinion on this? My cd player is Accuphase DP80L/DC81L/DG38 and power amps are Air tight mono SE atm211.
fpooyandeh
I have experienced a great deal of sound quality improvement in direct connection of cd to power amp. Any opinion on this?
Fpoo -- are you asking for my opinion on your experience of improvement???
It's good you are satisfied -- I've done it too. But I'm still confused as to what you are asking.
If its a good match its a good match... Some will be some will not.. 90% of the time a tube preamp in the middle will change things for the better if the system needs something more.. You don't so leave it alone.
As a reference, I prefered my old Audio Aero Capitole direct to a Mark Levinson amp over running the same CDP through either a Cary or BAT preamp. On the other hand, I prefered my old Wadia going through the preamp over going direct. I currently have a Resolution Audio going through a preamp (Calypso), I have never tried it direct (my systems have changed, that is why).

So, in the end I agree with the others. It depends!!!!
I ran a Camelot Uther IV dac direct into amps (pass and Rogue) for several years. I added an Aesthetix Calypso (with nos amprex 6922 and telefunken 12AX7 tubes)two months ago and there is no going back. I will forgo all of the audio jargon, it just sounds more robust, real and involving.
Me too. So now I use a Placette passive linestage (resistor ladder) and no preamp. Sometimes less is more. My CDP has a fixed output so I need something for the volume.

ET
ET, how do you like that placette passive? I have heard pretty good things about it.