Tube rectification

This may have been chewed on before but I'm at a loss here. I recently went back to tubes and acquired a SoundStage Two pre that uses two 6dj8/6922 tubes. By the way while doing some rolling I found the Mullards to sound the best thus far. Anyway I have seen other preamps having a tube for rectification(5y3 etc). My question is what does a pre with this tube do in reference to one like mine that does not have this feature. Am I missing something in terms of sonics. The SoundStage sounds really good and can be modded as mine has been. Thanks for any info and enjoy the music.
south43
I suppose my post made me look a bit uneducated in terms of a tube preamps function. To rectify means to change thus a tube pre can do this with a tube or without as mine does. In any case I'm glad I back with the glass bottle.
the rectifier is the key to converting AC line voltage to DC to supply the circuit. This can be done with a Tube, or with a solid state.

I'm not sure if Tube rectifiers sound better, or more "tubey" than solid state, though I do know that swapping rectifier tubes can make a very big difference.
I think it will better to have tube rectifier because it allows you to have an extra avenue to tweak the sound to your liking by trying out different brands of tubes.
Thanks to Bdgregory and Tigerclose for there replies. I agree that swapping tubes does tweak the sound. Thus far I have tried three sets of nos tubes. A pair of gold pin siemans,a pair of rcas made in west germany,and a pair of mullards. All have a signature of there own of course but as I said before I have to give a thumbs up to the mullards. I will go back and forth to fine tune the sonics and tell you what I hear from all three sets. The pre came with a pair of philips jan.
Tube rectification is more desirable in terms of sound quality and usually adds more cost to the tube preamp. Every tube preamp I have owned that was tube rectified was better sounding than one using solid state rectification, although there are a few exceptions.
2nd Phd.

I believe the issue is that all forms of SS rectification introduce some type of high-freq noise. A tube does not do this. After owning 10 or so tubed pres, some with tube rectification and some not, tube rectification became a must-have feature for me in a pre. About the only must-have, FWIW.
Many components with tube rectification also use SS rectification for select circuits such as filament supplies. Most tube components with SS rectification also fail to use the best fast- or zero-recovery SS rectifier bridges made of Schottky(or in high-voltage circuits, SiC Schottky) diodes. Given the wide range of design combinations and compromises, generalizations are of little value on this point.
If the rectifier circuit does not have a feature to slow the high voltage from coming up to full: The life of your tubes will be severely shortened. A tubed rectifier circuit allows the tubes to slowly warm up to full operating temps. Because there is no warm up of a rectifier tube when using a solid state device, it is critical that a standby switch be used that will allow the power tube filaments to warm up and generate an electron "cloud" around the cathode before high voltage is applied. This will prevent "cathode stripping" in the power tubes. It is a good idea to use a standby switch when using vacuum tube rectification, but it is critical when using solid state rectification. My Cary SLM-100's have SS rectification, and a standby switch. My BAT VK-D5 CD player's tubes always have a small voltage to the heaters, keeping them ready for use, in standby mode.