Future of analog controlled class 'D' amps?

Here's an interesting article on the technology
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/audioprinciples/amplifiers/digital_classD_amplifiers.html

Does anyone here think that they will ever compete with class 'A' amps in terms of sound quality?
128x128dnewhous
A lot depends on the 'Class A' amplifier. Do you mean class A transistor- maybe, if class A transistor amps do not improve at all in the future- which is unlikely.

Given that class A tube amps will not improve at all in the future :), again maybe.

Overall you will see Class D take over the bottom end of the solid-state market, and make forays into the high end. Since it is not a mature technology yet, price/performance curves *do* suggest that class D will be challenging the current art. But not today. Give it 5 years and lets see if conventional technology does not improve as well.
Sampling rates are far to low.The original Infinity Switching amp)SWAMP) was at 500KHZ and that was in the 70s.Great bass amps,but lacking a little life/body.
It describes Audiofankj's and my amp's advantage to a tee. There are actually very few analog powered class D amps on the market, UCD amps being the exception. Most manufacturers make do with digitally powered modules in a box because it is far cheaper, and easier to accomplish.
Yes, I did mean class 'A' transistor amps.

Do BASH amps use digitally controlled or analog controlled class 'D' amps? BASH is spreading in subwoofer amps in the consumer grade.
"Since it is not a mature technology yet, price/performance curves *do* suggest that class D will be challenging the current art. But not today."

The Nuforce Ref 9 is the best amp i owned, and i owned a few from Pass, GamuT, Krell, Conrad Johnson, Tact etc...
I know one guy who sold his 25.000$ pair KR Audio Kronzillas for a pair of Reference 9.
You cannot say that it's not mature.
Ndeslions, I'll second that. there are other giant slayers out there too, like CIAdio, and the amps I am using, the H2O Signature monos.
Post removed 
Ndeslions, I'd like to agree with you because I could stop with the foolishness I'm in up to my neck with already. But the amps you mentioned don't challenge even what *I'm* doing so imagine what would happen if someone came along that could get it right :)

Seriously, they do have a ways to go yet.
I have to whole heartily agree with Ndeslions - the Ref. 9.02 are also the finest amps that I too have owned (& heard) and the list is l-o-n-g. I still just shake my head in disbelief at how good they sound for their price.
UcD = Universal class D. which is a technology, not a company, invented by the man who wrote the article I linked to.

I think Bruno was much too pesimistic, a couple of companies have purchased a license to this technology and I'm sure there will be more to follow.

Some will want to make their own audiophile grade class D amps from scratch. Can you imagine ATC deigning to license technology from another company?

BASH is a digital switching class D based architecture developed by a company named Indigo. Several manufacturers have licensed it. Polk is now using it in their LSI subwoofer.
Kharma will launch the Exquisite amp this year.
And guess what ? It is a UcD design.....