Any ideas why my amp buzz's......

Any ideas why my amp buzz's when I hook my tv up to my Integrated amplifier? I use two different pair of speakers: Triangle Zerius and Quad 12L Pro Actives. It only buzzes when the Quads are hooked up not with the Triangles. The Quads have 40/60 watt amplifiers built in and they are hooked via pre out on my integrated using analysis-plus interconnects right into the back of the Quads. Any comments or suggestions would be a big help till I buy a pre amp for the Quads.

Thanks,
Tom
128x128trianglezerius
Ground loops via CATV co-ax are very common. For a cheap fix, get a ground isolation transformer for the co-ax line from Rat Shack. For a more expensive fix, a Mondial MAGIC. Fix # costs less than $10, fix #2 costs about $100.
there is a good chance the amp in your quads has something wrong with it. see if the quads buzz when they are hooked up on there own. listen carefully on their own they might not buzz as much because the t.v. hook-up exentuates the buzz. good luck.
Programmergeek has the first solution you should try. By "lifting" you should put a cheater plug on the amp and see if it fixes the problem. If not, try the cheater plug elsewhere in the system, i.e., the Quads, TV, etc. I would try it first on the amp, though...let us know how you make out.

John
If the buzz persists in the Quads only when the TV is hooked up to the system, you need an isolation transformer. Mondial Magic gets my vote `cause it eliminated my hum.
Easy enough to try Swampwalker idea. Go and unplug your cable CATV From the wall outlet and don't forget to unplug cable in other rooms as well. If your buzz goes away you need a ground breaker for your cable. If not go back to your system, you might want to try pluging the Quads into another outlet as other things plug in on the same line can sometimes cause this. Do you have dedicated lines?